- Apr 2, 2008
- A contest should have a tangible prize, whether it's a pack of mints or a brand new car.
- A challenge is competition where reward is the completion of a task.
- Having others do work for you and disguising it as a challenge is lame. Instead of holding a contest, just post "I need some help blah blah blah." There are plenty of helpful people here.
Every contest should contain the following:
- some sort of theme
- specific rules (ie you must say "this is for the blah blah blah contest" at the beginning of the video)
- end date (2-4 weeks is plenty of time)
- number of entries permmited
- judging criteria
- Contest holders should announce winners in a timely fashion. If people are entering your contest, show them a little courtesy in return.