How to Teach Guitar

Misguided Musician

Reaction score
I'm starting to give lessons at my school every tuesday starting upcoming tuesday, and I don't really have a lesson plan. I work good teaching one on one but not like a group of people. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do for beginning lessons and teaching a group of about 10-20 people?

Wow, thats tough. I think whats going to happen is you're going to get some that catch on really quick and some that need a little more help. Maybe when you start to see that happen, split into 2 groups? That might make it easier. Haha, or harder depending on how you look at it. I don't think this post was any help at all. lol

I think you should sit-in at an experienced teacher's class and see how he/she conducts such a lesson. You should be able to find some at your local community college. They usually will let you sit-in once but ask the instructor first.

I think you should sit-in at an experienced teacher's class and see how he/she conducts such a lesson. You should be able to find some at your local community college. They usually will let you sit-in once but ask the instructor first.
That sounds like a good idea. If only I had time to go to one before tuesday.

wow, 10-20 people? i just had my first class today. one 10yr old student. spent the whole hour going over:

parts of the guitar
how to hold the guitar
how to tune the guitar
and a simple warmup

his homework is just to practice the warmup until he can do it. we havent even gotten to notes or chords yet.

its fun though. i love teaching.

I think most of my students will be all beginners. Oh yeah, this was just brought to my attention, anyone know any sites that can be helpful in aiding students in learning guitar? I already have a few sites lined up but I need some more so its easier on me and my students.

you could search expert village for guitar resources. theres alot of different kinds of resources there with basic guitar to more advanced I think.

lol my other music resource would be youtube. Theres so much good learning material out there now... its just hard to find sometimes.

THIS looks very promising though.
And also check this site out. They even take requests.

wow big class

well the basics first: holding the guitar,string names, tuning the guitar, the musical alphabet is the most important though and then from that teach then some chords and show then how the chords are made but after you teach them some chords i would teach um a song so they dont lose intrest, o ya an this is over time im not just talkin about in one class

Top Bottom