I can't post using my old account

GF2

Reaction score
I have tried posting sing my old account (GF1) since the forum update but all my posts (dating back to 26 August) say " This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is anyone else experiencing this?

There have been others with this problem. I don't know if they found the cause of and solution to the problem.
Did you confirm your old account? You should have received an email 'XenForo - Account confirmation required'.
Check your spam filter to see if you missed it, and follow the instructions: in order to complete your registration or reactivate your account at XenForo, you need to confirm your email address by clicking the button below.

I did not receive the first email, but requesting another one worked without delay.

Reactions: GF2
There have been others with this problem. I don't know if they found the cause of and solution to the problem.
Did you confirm your old account? You should have received an email 'XenForo - Account confirmation required'.
Check your spam filter to see if you missed it, and follow the instructions: in order to complete your registration or reactivate your account at XenForo, you need to confirm your email address by clicking the button below.

I did not receive the first email, but requesting another one worked without delay.
Interesting... I never received an email like that - and being totally unaware of XenForo, I'd have deleted it immediately if I did.

But the "Awaiting Moderator" thing only lasted 2 days, and now - other than being unable to edit posts - everything works.

-Kurt​

The complete transition is going to take a while, XenForo has lots of features for the admins to work through.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks for the info - how did you request another email?

Very interesting. I never received a link to confirm email or reactivate account email either. If I want to check the Forums, I must go to the new Ukulele Underground site, scroll down to the bottom of the page, under "Ukulele Resources" select "Old UU Forum" and then I'm able to access the all of the Forums in the new format. It's a clunky procedure, but it has worked.

When posting, the only "awaiting Moderator's Approval" message I've received is when I attempted to insert a hot link into a message via cut and paste. If I post using the "insert link" tool, my post goes up without a problem.

Thanks for the info - how did you request another email?
There was a banner at the top of my screen regarding the need to reactivate my account, and a button to request another email.

There's something beyond confirmation required. My account says it's confirmed (https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?account-confirmation/resend says "Your account does not require confirmation."). Unless something's changed since yesterday (if you see this, it has!) my posts are all blocked with "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

I have tried posting sing my old account (GF1) since the forum update but all my posts (dating back to 26 August) say " This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Yes!!!

I too have had this trouble with the "Oops your account doesn't require confirmation" page. I haven't bee able to do a thing!! I'll be interested to see if this post loads. Fingers crossed

Same problem.

Top Bottom