I didn’t break any rules why dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jusscuz

Reaction score
I didn’t get a email or explanation of why my for sale post got deleted and I followed all the rules. I even had to explain and defend my post against individuals who intentionally degraded the post.

the price and honest advertisement was not intended for immediate sale and was intended to steer away “uke p***” that clearly has a thread.

it’s not a scam and I provided photo proof of the serial number.

the uke is 100 percent real and so is my attitude for buyers. If you plan on spending the money to buy it I’m more than happy to cater to the needs of the buyer but I won’t stand aside to hear bogus comments from people who just want talk about something they have no intention of buying just cause of wanna be clout.

this seller wants to try and keep the buyers and its identity hidden to protect the sale.

and if I may include it seems like they are a few individuals and post who clearly break the actual rules and order new ukuleles to resale….

the price and honest advertisement was not intended for immediate sale and was intended to steer away “uke p***” that clearly has a thread.

it’s not a scam and I provided photo proof of the serial number.

the uke is 100 percent real and so is my attitude for buyers. If you plan on spending the money to buy it I’m more than happy to cater to the needs of the buyer but I won’t stand aside to hear bogus comments from people who just want talk about something they have no intention of buying just cause of wanna be clout.

this seller wants to try and keep the buyers and its identity hidden to protect the sale.

and if I may include it seems like they are a few individuals and post who clearly break the actual rules and order new ukuleles to resale….
I would try reverb.com for selling if you dont like that people can comment without having intention to buy on this board. Pretty every marketplace post I've ever seen has multiple people popping in to say stuff like "nice uke!" or "Interesting! Tell us a bit about it!" and they dont want to buy it, they are just interested in talking about ukuleles. That's why we're here. We like to talk about ukuleles even if they're on sale and we dont plan to buy them. I can understand how that would be frustrating if you're expecting to only get responses from serious buyers. Buy you would be asking the users of this forum to treat your sale thread differently than any other sale thread. I didnt see your thread or any of the comments but what youre describing sounds like the typical marketplace thread on this board.

I am more in the $200 market so none of this was pertinent, but I did tune in to the bruhaha over the "9k" ukulele promotion. It went off the rails too quickly for my comprehension and I felt the response was not normal for UU.

Not sure what to make of it, but hang in there Juzzcuz.

Sorry you are not getting this so easily. This is a community. Period. Go sell on ebay if you are going to be crappy to people, which you were.

Perhaps it was the combination of you wanting to sell a very high value item, without having any kind of track record on the forum, not providing information on your identity, and being very economical with any details of the item in questions. I can't speak for others but for me that raises alarm bells.

It strikes me that this forum marketplace operates on an honour system, which requires trust - and trust generally has to be earned. If you want to sell in a more transactional way, there are websites that provide buyer and seller with robust legal protections.

Sorry you are not getting this so easily. This is a community. Period. Go sell on ebay if you are going to be crappy to people, which you were.
This is a community, you’re right (just a bit of a toxic one these days). I beg to differ. I’d offer the perspective that some of the users here berating people just trying to sell ukes are the crappy ones.

I remember 10 years ago when this forum embodied the spirit of Aloha. Now it feels like a large amount of cranky ole anonymous cowards contributing to destructive, negative vibes. There is also something seriously wrong with like OP said when MANY people with absolutely NO INTENTION of actually buying the instrument chime in making it their own personal crusade to be enforcers (marketplace police). They are not mods! However, the mods seem to support this which also isn’t fair/just and is fundamentally flawed.

And there’s no rhyme or reason to it either.. some posts go completely without notice of any of these type of attacks (regardless of pictures/proofs or not sometimes there are none at all). Then some are just straight up flamed! It makes no sense. It doesn’t have any correlation, and so I’m left to believe it’s just some toxic individuals that pick a random day to get off on a power trip being keyboard jockeys. It’s not just UU, it’s most forums these days but this one used to be special. Well, the mods side with it so I doubt anything will ever change.

This is what UU did to my beloved Corey Fujimoto in a similar situation, and he locked the thread, no one got to buy the uke, and he stopped posting here! https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/kanilea-19-custom-tenor-for-sale.125792/

He’s easily recognizable - why would you turn away the person we could learn the most from when you’re not even a potential buyer!? What happened to “Keep it Pono”? He was super happy we turned him on to Fleamarketmusic marketplace and he sold the uke that was 100% not a scam on that platform no problem.

I vote there should be a new marketplace rule: if you don’t have anything nice to say and have 0 intention of buying: please take whatever messed up void you need to fill as an anon to some other toxic forum of your choice.

Bring back the Aloha spirit UU, or you’re going to continue to lose some of the greatest opportunities of the most amazing ukulele sales and some amazing players/collectors with it. At that point all you will have left as an option is to hand over 20% of your profits to the corporate scum that don’t pay taxes such as amazon and the other monopolies, and why would we want to encourage that to anyone, friend or foe, such as you just have Rich Tacoma?

✌️💕🤙

Last edited:
This is a community, you’re right (just a bit of a toxic one these days). I beg to differ. I’d offer the perspective that some of the users here berating people just trying to sell ukes are the crappy ones.

I remember 10 years ago when this forum embodied the spirit of Aloha. Now it feels like a large amount of cranky ole anonymous cowards contributing to destructive, negative vibes. There is also something seriously wrong with like OP said when MANY people with absolutely NO INTENTION of actually buying the instrument chime in making it their own personal crusade to be enforcers (marketplace police). They are not mods! However, the mods seem to support this which also isn’t fair/just and is fundamentally flawed.

And there’s no rhyme or reason to it either.. some posts go completely without notice of any of these type of attacks (regardless of pictures/proofs or not sometimes there are none at all). Then some are just straight up flamed! It makes no sense. It doesn’t have any correlation, and so I’m left to believe it’s just some toxic individuals that pick a random day to get off on a power trip being keyboard jockeys. It’s not just UU, it’s most forums these days but this one used to be special. Well, the mods side with it so I doubt anything will ever change.

This is what UU did to my beloved Corey Fujimoto in a similar situation, and he locked the thread, no one got to buy the uke, and he stopped posting here! https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/kanilea-19-custom-tenor-for-sale.125792/

He’s easily recognizable - why would you turn away the person we could learn the most from when you’re not even a potential buyer!? What happened to “Keep it Pono”? He was super happy we turned him on to Fleamarketmusic marketplace and he sold the uke that was 100% not a scam on that platform no problem.

I vote there should be a new marketplace rule: if you don’t have anything nice to say and have 0 intention of buying: please take whatever messed up void you need to fill as an anon to some other toxic forum of your choice.

Bring back the Aloha spirit UU, or you’re going to continue to lose some of the greatest opportunities of the most amazing ukulele sales and some amazing players/collectors with it. At that point all you will have left as an option is to hand over 20% of your profits to the corporate scum that don’t pay taxes such as amazon and the other monopolies, and why would we want to encourage that to anyone, friend or foe, such as you just have Rich Tacoma?

✌️💕🤙
Why? Because of how he treated others in his previous thread--simple. If you really looked at what he said in his past posts, you would realize that you are, perhaps, contradicting yourself. it was the OP that exhibited the anthesis of the type of community norms that you are advocating (which I agree with). So, we agree with the desired spirit of what the forum should be about, but disagree on the implementation, and how who transgressed here. And of course, we can agree to disagree. Cheers.

Don't want to stir the pot, but as I recall, the offering of the Devine uke for sale constituted Jusscuz's very first post as a new member. It was met with two very cordial and positive responses suggesting that Jusscuz might not be familiar with the general guidelines for the Marketplace, and pointing him in the direction of those guidelines. Unfortunately, Jusscuz reacted to those good-faith responses with a not-so-cool attitude, and I think that was really the only issue from that point forward.

Y'all... who cares? It seems to me this guy (Jusscuz) is an amusing character who doesn't really understand how this community operates and gets something from pissing people off and stirring up s**, whether or not he realizes that is what he's doing. I imagine he posted a second time to get ANY kind of response because deep down, that's what he's really after, not to actually find a solution. Just look at the title of this post. To me, it seems to be designed to be both annoying (in its lack of effort in completing a word) and draw people in at the same time. If you don't like his presence here, ignore him and he'll go away. If you want to play his game (which has its merits, don't get me wrong), then post away.

Yes, it appears to be happening again. So, is the 9K really worth it?

I didn’t get a email or explanation of why my for sale post got deleted and I followed all the rules. I even had to explain and defend my post against individuals who intentionally degraded the post.
Posting on this forum is a privilege and it is not a right. It’s simple really, if you don’t like it here or don’t feel fairly treated then have a think about why that might be the case.

In my experience this forum is populated by people who love to play and talk about Ukes. It does have a small market place section where well established members might choose to either offer a Uke for sale or seek to buy one, transactions there are between credible members and are founded on established trust. Perhaps that feature of our marketplace section is something that you hadn’t understood.

If what you want to do is to sell instruments without being a long term and active member of this community then please respect this forum and its members by using other sales platforms instead of ours. Reverb has been mentioned and such commercial sites would be appropriate places to sell instruments.

Last edited:
This is a community, you’re right (just a bit of a toxic one these days).
Having only been here a year, I cant really compare these days with previous days. But I can say that the only toxicity I've encountered here is the amusing sort. Maybe thats because Ive never been targeted. And I am not trying to steer this conversation in the direction of "reasons why it's toxic."

We have a wide range of characters here, that's for sure. A lot of opinions! Everywhere from "if it weren't for Tiny Tim, there'd be an 'Ukulele Laureate position in the US Govt and we'd finally get the respect we deserve" to "Unless youre playing a koa soprano 'Ukulele tuned re-entrant without a strap, its just a little guitar, baby!" to "Rain is no excuse to play 'ukulele inside -- wrap a little sandwich baggy on the headstock and get out there!"

I'm trying to have a little fun with this post. I'm deliberately exaggerating and creating overblown caricatures of opinions I've heard here. No disrespect. Hope it went over.

I've used the UU Marketplace on multiple occasions and fortunately have had all positive experiences but those positive experiences came with a considerable degree of caution. The Marketplace requires trust and trust that both parties are acting in an honest and honorable manner. So how do you come to trust and establish trust when you're dealing with a total stranger? You have to go on what evidence you have before you and if you see red flags you need to proceed with caution and start asking more questions.

Just yesterday I posted a WTB in the Marketplace asking for 2 specific long neck sopranos and that I would consider others someone might have for sale. Later that day I got a response PM from someone who said that they "have what I'm looking for" and encouraged me to contact them by the email address they provided if I was interested. They had just joined UU the day of my WTB post, their vague offer was their first post/PM and they haven't posted anything on UU. Are they legit? I suppose it's a possibility but the multiple red flags would suggest otherwise. The situation, to me, seems so sketchy that I'm not even going to bother asking more questions.

We're friends and a community here. I don't think there's any problem with wanting to be conversational or for asking questions or for pointing things out in the interest of looking out for the other guy. I would hope that someone would do it for me if something didn't look or seem right.

Last edited:
You are new here and I would like to welcome you here. Hope you find your ukulele ohana here and get great joy from a wonderful instrument. Everyone here is there for a single reason, they like the ukulele. You will find that they get rattled when one does not respect their love for it. People like to have a safe and predictable marketplace as they want to have confidence in the forum. I have bought and sold ukuleles many times on this forum and will continue to do so.. some times ukes sell faster on reverb and sometimes here.. in general ukulele lovers are quite pleasant folks to deal with. I have made friends here due to my transactions. If you come with a loving and open attitude you will find many friendly folks here. Sometimes folks do have strong opinions and get emotional.. being emotional in return is not the best strategy.

True, but you ignored basically every guideline set forth in the sticky note about selling.

No pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, no reason why you are selling it, no video or audio sample, no time stamped picture with ukulele underground and username on a piece of paper.

the guidelines also say trying to sell something in one of your first posts is frowned upon and members may request additional pictures.
your first post was something along the lines of I want to sell a Devine ukulele and my price is $9,000.

when forum members asked for some pictures or follow up questions, you were pretty hostile in your response about not wanting to showcase it, but wanting to sell it. In my opinion, the thread pretty much went downhill from that point.

I personally have only seen very detailed Moore Bettahs sell for that price point, and that being your first post, I can understand the skepticism. If you are truly earnest in your desire to sell your ukulele, at that price point, I would encourage you to consider selling it on consignment or on a site like reverb or eBay. Trying to sell instruments here for more than $2,000 is challenging.

I don’t mean any offense. Good luck with your sale.

Interesting reading for those that have a lot of time on their hands! Since there is no longer an instrument for sale, this thread should be moved out of marketplace. Perhaps Uke Talk?

Jusscuz, if you want to know why your post was deleted, please reach out to the moderators and ask them directly.

If you still want to sell your Devine ukulele, in addition to reverb or eBay, you may try the following options:

I’m just trying to sell a uke and I’ll make sure to hold ukulele underground responsible for picking and choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom