I don't think this is cool at all

I think you're reading too much into a Google ad banner. If I Google ukelikethepros, the Ad is the first thing on the page. Refreshing my search, the top line rotates phrases including the ones you cite. I don't think it means anything other than they are paying Googlw for ad space.

I almost bought my last tenor from them, as they were the only one that had what I wanted in stock. They wanted $80 for setup plus shipping. So happy I waited for HMS.

I think you're reading too much into a Google ad banner. If I Google ukelikethepros, the Ad is the first thing on the page. Refreshing my search, the top line rotates phrases including the ones you cite. I don't think it means anything other than they are paying Googlw for ad space.
Could be...but the ad buyer writes that copy on the ad banner.

Not sure why you are surprised. Nearly every automaker declares themselves #1, so do the cell carriers. Metrics can prove almost anything!

If you have to push that hard that you are "#1", then you probably aren't. The best know who they are. And don't need to brag about it.

Not sure why you are surprised. Nearly every automaker declares themselves #1, so do the cell carriers. Metrics can prove almost anything!
I've not seen car dealers universally appropriate the names of other dealers...in this case a pretty well-known shop on Oahu. Maybe they need to change to "The original ukulele site"...lol.

Just to pile on, I generally click away from uke like the pros' videos. I have the same aversion to Liberty Mutual ads.

I guess I'm just not "cool."
Same here. Some presentations just rub me the wrong way, and ULTP and Liberty Mutual fall into that category.

For the life of me I can't see how a DJ spinning records on a boat dock while someone does belly flops like a fish would motivate people to buy that insurance.

Yeah, that's low, if intentional, adding the words ukulele site to your ad copy. It seems unlikely to just be a coincidence, IMO. Most every time I do a ukulele related search on Google, the top results are usually a ULTP ad. I'm sure they pay handsomely for that top ranking. That's fine, that's business, but adding consumer confusion with "ukulele site" in your ad header is not.

I just did a Google search for "ukulele site". HMS still came up first, but there's ULTP right behind them. I was never a fan of ULTP, and now am even less so.
I just googled The Ukulele Site, I got HMS first, HMS videos, HMS podcasts, Musicians's Friend, Guitar Center, and Amazon, in that order. :)

Anyone notice #1 has gone from "store" to "site"?

View attachment 138323

Coincidence? A response to a recent podcast where Andrew says they would never call themselves #1? Deceitful marketing? Definitely no aloha there, Terry.

Discuss.
There's a lot of leeway in advertising. I don't care if a seller is #1 or #500. What is he selling for how much?

It helps to scroll down past the paid advertisements on any google search. I don’t even click on them is the case were it’s the exact site I want to go to. Google gets paid when you click, so it saves the company a few cents when you don’t click the site through the advertisement.

I used to work for a VP of Sales & Marketing. He always wanted us to put in the print ads that we had: "the best, the finest, the number one, etc." he had the attitude that others had to prove that we weren't. And if the FTC or FCC (for broadcast) told us to quit making unsubstantiated claims, we'd pull the ads and find other words to say our products were the "best." No one ever challenged our claims. Back then, the FTC and FCC had rules in place for claims and sales. I don't know if there is any oversight over online advertising other than the host's guidelines.

Some people like to deal with the best, the number 1, the top, the most popular, largest, fastest growing, etc. They feel the seller is Number 1 for a reason. Others like using them because they feel there is safety in numbers.

I usually avoid places that claim to be number one because quite frequently that means they have the most aggressive, high-pressure sales people on staff.

Rhiggie is right, you can find a metric to support most anything. MY favorite are the "JD Power Awards". They seem to give one for every trivial thing you can imagine. Kind of like the old "Who's Who in America" books. You paid to be listed in them.

I think some people just have carnival hucksterism in their blood. Terry seems such. He probably thinks it's perfectly OK and doesn't consider "#1" as any sort of serious claim, just ordinary sales puffing. I can't say that I disagree. Anyone who would take such a claim seriously is one of those born every minute, according to P.T. Barnum.

Hahahaha...........I sort of enjoy Terry's bravado. I doubt there's any way to measure which site sells the most ukes. I further doubt the same is true of lessons (probably even more fragmented than sellers). When I started, I used the ULTP program for a short time and didn't find it riveting-but also not bad. I guess as with most you either enjoy Terry and his schtick or you don't. Really doesn't matter.

Top Bottom