I don't think this is cool at all

That's it - but I would think that they are doing just fine on their own, selling through the Ukulele Site
I'm sure they are fine with TUS, other authorize US anuenue vendors that they recruited, and their own sales from their website. But I think Kalei, Corey, and Andrew have big hearts and a huge Aloha spirit, which is why we love them. I don't think they have it in them to be malicious. I would be a different story

If they really wanted to they could cut UTLP from Pono, Koolau, and Anuenue immediately. And if they wanted they could throw around their weight to cut them off from all the Hawaiian vendors. Which is also why it is crazy that TC started smack-talking. Why would you do that???

I'm sure they are fine with TUS, other authorize US anuenue vendors that they recruited, and their own sales from their website. But I think Kalei, Corey, and Andrew have big hearts and a huge Aloha spirit, which is why we love them. I don't think they have it in them to be malicious. I would be a different story

If they really wanted to they could cut UTLP from Pono, Koolau, and Anuenue immediately. And if they wanted they could throw around their weight to cut them off from all the Hawaiian vendors.
I'd knaw my own arm off before I'd sleep in that bed. But that's me.

Besides, he's competition for biz. Why would they help him out, unless it was a friend opening a new biz? Andrew is a close friend of theirs.....
I smell a rat.
That’s what I can’t figure out too. It’s one thing to be competitors, but they’re not friendly competitors—at least I wouldn’t think so, not if he was talking sh*t about them and using their demo videos for his own sales. It doesn’t make sense to me.

That’s what I can’t figure out too. It’s one thing to be competitors, but they’re not friendly competitors—at least I wouldn’t think so, not if he was talking sh*t about them and using their demo videos for his own sales. It doesn’t make sense to me.
I think for Kalei (and Corey) it's much more tricky. Kalei and Corey wear 2 hats in this situation. One job they have is with TUS/HMS and they have been part of that crew for years. But Kalei is also the President of AnuenueUSA (as of 3 years ago) and Corey also works for him. He is in charge of all of Anuenue USA distribution. Kalei and Corey are the reason why we have a ton of Anuenue's now in the US. Prior to Kalei taking this on, people had to order Anuenue from Asia or Europe (TUS would occasionally got a Moon Bird but it was rare). Kalei's job with Anuenue is to grow the company in North America. I would guess that he has to be diplomatic since he is still accountable to Anuenue in Taiwan.

Last edited:
I think for Kalei (and Corey) it's much more tricky. Kalei and Corey wear 2 hats in this situation. One job they have is with TUS/HMS and they have been part of that crew for years. But Kalei is also the President of AnuenueUSA (as of 3 years ago) and Corey also works for him. He is in charge of all of Anuenue USA distribution. Kalei and Corey are the reason why we have a ton of Anuenue's now in the US. Prior to Kalei taking this on, people had to order Anuenue from Asia or Europe (TUS would occasionally got a Moon Bird but it was rare). Kalei's job with Anuenue is to grow the company in North America. I would guess that he has to be diplomatic since he is still accountable to Anuenue in Taiwan.
I didn’t know that about Anuenue USA. Still.

I wonder if they talked about him using their descriptions and video content on his website, or it just was never discussed. Did they just pretend it didn’t happen?

I’m baffled about the APPARENT support he still seems to have, if all these artists and manufacturer appearances are to be taken seriously. I get there’s a business element to it and people have to play nice, but wow. Do they all know and just pretend not to know, for business’ sake?

If people/customers/followers didn’t know any better (i.e, they don’t follow this thread), then the narrative he controls will continue to present him in an upstanding, positive way.

........I’m baffled about the APPARENT support he still seems to have, if all these artists and manufacturer appearances are to be taken seriously. I get there’s a business element to it and people have to play nice, but wow. Do they all know and just pretend not to know, for business’ sake.....
$$$$$$$$$$$$

I didn’t know that about Anuenue USA. Still.

I wonder if they talked about him using their descriptions and video content on his website, or it just was never discussed. Did they just pretend it didn’t happen?

I’m baffled about the APPARENT support he still seems to have, if all these artists and manufacturer appearances are to be taken seriously. I get there’s a business element to it and people have to play nice, but wow. Do they all know and just pretend not to know, for business’ sake?

If people/customers/followers didn’t know any better (i.e, they don’t follow this thread), then the narrative he controls will continue to present him in an upstanding, positive way.
Ya for sure. What sucks is if the roles were reversed TC would cut everyone off and he would declare himself the hegemon of the ukulele world.

I just checked the bad guy‘s website and he lists 40 aNueNue ukuleles. Of note is that the Moon Birds are the same price as sold at reputable sites (could be same with other models, just not researched).

so there obviously is a business relationship and perhaps a contractual one. This is different from being a buyer and choosing to look elsewhere purely due to the shady practices that are mentioned here.

Top Bottom