I finally did it (ukes are made for the car)

clear

So, I made my solo uke debut yesterday!

You see, I've been playing the uke for more than a year and have never played it for anybody except my son. Even my wife tells me not to play it to her. The local uke jams but they aren't meeting because of COVID. So, I'm all alone with my uke.

Yesterday, I decided to take my uke with me to the airport. Were you there at SFO's cell phone waiting lot yesterday at around 5-6pm? It was a particularly full day at the lot. I was there for a whole hour because I got the airplane time wrong. But no worries, I had my uke and was out playing. The jet noise was terrible, but I tried my best to strum hard. Next I played my brand-new guitar; I had anticipated this and packed an amp. Yes, just before stopping by the airport, I stopped by a shop and bought a new guitar! On the way home, I told wife that I have a surprise for her in the trunk... well, I'm still alive... :)

In the spirit of picture day in schools across the nation (USA), here's a pic of my debut uke and new guitar -
debut.JPG

clear

There's actually a second part to this story that makes it even more amazing that I'm still alive. Just a day before yesterday, I bought a new guitar. So I actually had 2 guitars to show off to the wife :)

Ah, when I'm not on a motorcycle, I can still live dangerously and get the adrenaline going. Kids, don't try this at home. :)

clear

Thanks, Cadia. That uke's my daily player (and I play it almost everyday). It's the only uke that I keep outside on the wall hanger; and the only one I want to keep. I'm in love with its mellow, that-slow-happy-Hawaiian-life-style sound. Every time I strum it, I'm all smiles and my problems (or even the world's problems) just melt away.

Joe T

Good for you clear, you sound like your having a good time.

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
lol. Glad you had your debut concert at SFO!! Maybe you can be a regular there for all the drivers waiting. I'm sure they would appreciate it🤙

clear

lol. Glad you had your debut concert at SFO!! Maybe you can be a regular there for all the drivers waiting. I'm sure they would appreciate it🤙

It's been a while since I played outside (I had a little band going a few years ago, not involved with ukulele back then). I'm not that good, but I love to share my music. If it weren't for my son (who loves my music), I would have probably quit uke a long time ago. I'm so lazy that I don't even want to learn an instrument if it is just for myself.

clear

Oh, you mean this thing that's doing a dangerous outside pass?

moto.jpg

That was my favorite bike, a bit lacking in power but ergo was perfect for me. It's also the bike that lasted the longest (at more than 3 years); most of my bike gets killed off at 2 years, yep, that's the magic number. One of my biggest mistakes was agreeing to quit when our 2nd child was born. I miss riding so much; it's been more than 10 years.

Gerald_G

to really get the adrenalin flowing, shoulda bought a new motorcycle AND two guitars! Live dangerously.

clear

to really get the adrenalin flowing, shoulda bought a new motorcycle AND two guitars! Live dangerously.

Man, I wish; our agreement prevents me from buying motorcycles. I've tried and tried over the years without success (I'm still asking her at least every month). But, back in the day, I did surprise her with 2 bike purchases (in fact, for one of them, I had to ask her to drive me to the dealership to pick it up).