I played that song in a music store on a ukulele

gyrocapt

I love to see the faces on people when they hear something come out of a Uke that they are not expecting. Even the people in the music stores haven't a clue at what a wonderful instrument this is,

mendel

I do this at least once a month. It is an awesome experience. Sometimes, I pretend I do not speak english. I walk in, plug in, play, and when people are freaking out, I nonchalantly put the Uke back on the hanger and walk out. Great feeling!

Bao

At the local music stores in my area, the amps that we can plug into are in separate rooms so that means I can't plug in unfortunately. I do however, play the loudest ukulele there acoustically and I tend to attract a lot of people. The music stores should start paying me (assuming the customers buy after I leave ahah)

I usually play Jake Shimabukuro's cover of 'Thriller' since let's be honest, who doesn't know Michael Jackson?

ukecantdothat

Oh, manggg... You got tabs for that?

Tabs schmabs! Scratch da strangggs, and go:

"A weema-weh..." a bunch times fo da intro n choruses, and be like, "In da cit-tay, da inna cit-tay / Da li-on sleeps tonight..."

This is actually a version I've done with a calypso band. Not exactly a rap version per se, we used a more reggae-ishy/soca-ishy beat, and it was a ton of fun. I'll bet somebody out there has done a rap version of it. In fact, excuse me while I go to the youtubes... Be right back...

Just as I t'ought, mon. This is eerily close to our beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEM2kbZa1y4
And here's the rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3xuzFhERw

See. Nothing new under the sun as my mama used to say. The chords to the first one are Bb Eb Bb F and the second one is F Bb F C.

You're welcome! (Tabs... :nana:)

Last edited: