I thought I was over my UAS!

robinboyd

Reaction score
But it turns out I wasn't.

I just bought a guitalele. I figured I'd see how I liked playing with 6 strings. If it doesn't suit me, then I can always flip it on the marketplace without losing too much money because I bought it second hand anyway. Now I just need to be patient until it arrives.

Yeah, I've thought that a few times, even went for a while without any desire for anything else, but, it seems we all relapse...:D

Congratulations, used is the smart way to go, done that a number of times and sold for about the same price. I hope you enjoy the guitalele, seems like it would be fun.

We are never cured of UAS........just go into periods of remission.

Congratulations Robin, they are fabulous little instruments, enjoy! :D Just give me a yell if you need any guitar tabs! :D

Thanks Cam. I might do that. I think it will take me a while to get used to the two extra strings, so I might not be up for anything too complicated for a little while.

UAS never leaves :D it just lays dormant until that next perfect uke comes along...

good choice Robin. they are a lot of fun.
wondering if you have a baritone in your collection?
whole different sound and many new possibilities.
something to consider in the future perhaps...

good choice Robin. they are a lot of fun.
wondering if you have a baritone in your collection?
whole different sound and many new possibilities.
something to consider in the future perhaps...

Hi Jon, a baritone's the other one I don't have, and I would think about getting one if the right one was available and I had some spare cash.

According to the seller, the guitalele is currently strung A to A, but I noticed that Aquila is selling Red sets for guitalele that are designed to be tuned like a guitar, so perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone if I end up buying a set of them.

Hi Jon, a baritone's the other one I don't have, and I would think about getting one if the right one was available and I had some spare cash.

According to the seller, the guitalele is currently strung A to A, but I noticed that Aquila is selling Red sets for guitalele that are designed to be tuned like a guitar, so perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone if I end up buying a set of them.

perhaps as a starting point, and a way to familiarise yourself with baritone tuning,
but honestly mate we're talking about very different beasts

perhaps as a starting point, and a way to familiarise yourself with baritone tuning,
but honestly mate we're talking about very different beasts

What a way to fuel my UAS even more! Oh well, this purchase is more to try a few things out than anything, so it will be fun to play with...

Robin, did you see the warning inscribed over the doorway to UAS-landia? Abandon all hope Ye who enter here!

Top Bottom