If it looks like a scam

ukeanixi

Reaction score
I think it's a scam website. You could try it out for us. Use a credit card, and if the item doesn't show up in a timely manner, contest the charge. If it's a bogus store, your card company will make you whole.

I was cruising the interweb and found this:

Looks like a scam.
Free Shipping For Order Over $55. :)

I think it's a scam website. You could try it out for us. Use a credit card, and if the item doesn't show up in a timely manner, contest the charge. If it's a bogus store, your card company will make you whole.
Well, maybe... But I once jumped at a bargain and the bogus company was aware of what you recommend. Instead, they took the authorized charge amount and split it into two other bogus sites they used so you would not be alerted by the purchase amount and not notice two smaller charges. So either it is bogus, or a "hot" uke, or both.

You could ask Kevin (Kelali ukes) about it. He posts and sells here.

Once they have verified that it is a legit CC number, they will immediately use your card for a high ticket item. Then turn around and make even more money selling your card number and information to other scammers. Usually on the Dark Web.

Because if you have fallen for a scam once, you are statistically far more likely to again fall for a different scam.

Geez...it takes just the smallest amount of effort to avoid being scammed. I think what gets people scammed as much as anything is their own greed.

The greedy idea of getting something for nothing, or for very little, has always been the sucker's downfall. Honest people aren't looking for that kind of windfall in a business transaction. And, "You can't cheat an honest man."

BEWARE, wife thought she was buying a great black Friday sale computer to replace the one Delta (Damaged Electronics Likely to Arrive) busted up. Anyway, site looked for all the world like a Walmart site. Shortly thereafter I found $1,100 in cash advances draw down at Hardrock Cafe Alot of the phony sites just want the credit card info. A few years ago, I ran into the same scam with a "Home Depot" web site.

Been there... fell for a similar scam trying to buy "Closeout Special" KALA u-bass for about $80... that never arrived.

I was able to get the charges reversed though... Sounds like I got off easy compared to these nightmare stories!

But I kept getting these "amazing, closeout deals" from a dozen other scam sites for months afterwards... After some digging on the internet I found out they were all arriving from the same company, but with a dozen iterations... a veritable Hydra of scammage! It took a while to get them all to stop soliciting me... In retrospect, I was lucky!

The lesson I learned? I do all my shopping PRIOR to happy hour now...

Top Bottom