Iluak Fine Instrument Fittings

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody know if Iluak is still in business?

I Have installed their strap buttons on several of my tenors. Because I like the hidden screw on them.

Great people. They even made a pair for me to better match the Koa Binding and Abalone inlay on one of my tenors. I sent them a picture of the installed buttons. They really appreciated it.

A search takes me to their website, but the website says the same thing it has for a year "Under construction". They no longer have strap buttons listed on Amazon. And my emails to them have bounced back.

Are they still making strap buttons?

If you find a way to buy them, please let us know.

Any pictures?

Ron, your email address for Brad is the same one I had in my contacts. I have since emailed him several times and received no replies.

I even mentioned your name in the last one I sent. Nada.

Alas, he may not be accepting orders or is shuttered.

Yes, he is out of business
A shame. Chaundra and Brad seemed like very nice people who went out of their way to help their customers. I sent them a picture of a Spruce/Maple Oya tenor I bought that had a dark Cocobolo fretboard with abalone and MOP inlays. They made Cocobolo buttons, but all of the examples I'd seen had light grain or were a lighter orangy color. I asked if they had a dark Cocobolo set with abalone inserts that would match the fretboard.

They told me they could make a set as close as possible to match. Brad turned a pair of buttons from some dark Cocobolo overnight, while Caundra searched through the abalone dots they had to exactly match what was on the uke. They mailed them to me the next day! Amazing!

They were thrilled when I sent them a photo of one of the mounted strap buttons at the heel.

Just way above and beyond, to help me out.

Since then, I bought 10 or more sets from them.

I wish them well.

11 Strap Pin.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom