I'm bored. Suggest me something to write a song about.

Voran

Reaction score
I am bored and for some reason having an adrenaline surge at 3 in the morning. Probably did not help that I have a mentally disabled family member making hissing noises.

Suggest me something to write a song about, I'm out of creativity right now.

Write a song about COVID, but make it so obscure and vague that only you will know that's what it's about. You can include veiled references to hissing family members and 3am adrenaline.

I'm not a song writer... but, it seems like there's plenty to write about. Some of the best songs include lyrics that seem like complete gibberish if you don't know what they were written about.

One of my favorites: "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (look it up, if you don't know the story... or the song)

I could write about a plague, yes...let me think.

Hum .... try a song about a young female university student who spends all her money to fly home to be with family on her birthday, only to find that they have all gone on a Caribbean cruise without her.

Or you could write about the end of the world when the Sun explodes. Whichever.

Hum .... try a song about a young female university student who spends all her money to fly home to be with family on her birthday, only to find that they have all gone on a Caribbean cruise without her.

Or you could write about the end of the world when the Sun explodes. Whichever.
Now ya got me going!

Guinea pigs and their Machiavellian plot to steal all the parsley from the world's Argentinian restaurants. The title could be Gimme That Wheek Chimichurri!

Boredom

Lots of my songs are about boredom, but no harm in a new one!

And I am still having adrenaline surges...I guess having to hear annoying high-pitched hissing sounds got to me today

You could write a song about change?

Lots of my songs are about boredom, but no harm in a new one!

And I am still having adrenaline surges...I guess having to hear annoying high-pitched hissing sounds got to me today

A hissing sound would make me think of 2 things:

1. Snakes!

For snakes, maybe think "serpent" or "winged serpent" and it lurking, just at the edge of your peripheral vision, haunting you, taunting you. You try to "see" it, but it keeps fading from view, but then returns when your focus turns to something else. (I read and watch lots of SciFi and Fantasy fiction, so there is a lot of material to draw from).

2. Air or water leaking.

Like air leaking from a car or bike tire, or water spraying out of a garden hose at high velocity.

All of this could be used in a poetic metaphor...of something else. It's up to you. :)

Well, I wrote a song. But now it's 12.27am so I can't play it until tomorrow

Rather than a particular topic, my mind goes to how to incorporate a hissing sound into music. I don’t sing, so instead of lyrics, my mind goes to sound.

With your adrenaline surge, I‘m imaging a fast paced song, (strumming quickly like Jake does, maybe?), with hissing sound accompanying it?

Might not be at all the type of thing you might play, (I only fingerpick, so if wouldn’t work for me), or would be interested in playing with, but that’s what my mind is working on. LOL.

Top Bottom