Is it still UAS if I want one with completely different tuning...?

Voran

Reaction score
I actually know nothing about standard ukulele playing. Mine arrived on an abnormal tuning and I played it for nearly a year before finding out it was tuned to D4-Bb3-C4-F4 rather than G4-C4-E4-A4.

Would be nice to have a separate instrument to learn regular stuff on, there are folk songs I would like to learn.

You don't need our permission! Get one bought. They are cheaper than a meal in a restaurant.

Are you getting another Gear4Music one, or something a bit fancier?

You don't need our permission! Get one bought. They are cheaper than a meal in a restaurant.

Are you getting another Gear4Music one, or something a bit fancier?
Probably another Gear4Music one. Cheap and nice sounding. Weighing up what color to get now

I don't think it is. Who wants to do all that tuning?

Given your current situation, only 1 uke and wanting another to keep one in standard and the other in an alternate tuning then no, it isn't UAS. (yet!) 😊

Oh, pay no attention to those clamoring appeasers. Of course it's UAS! If it weren't, you wouldn't be asking. :D

Oh, pay no attention to those clamoring appeasers. Of course it's UAS! If it weren't, you wouldn't be asking. :D
Hehee. If I were rich, I'd totally have tons of different ukes with different tunings and timbres. I wanna try a sopranissimo and ukubass also sounds so fun

I actually know nothing about standard ukulele playing. Mine arrived on an abnormal tuning and I played it for nearly a year before finding out it was tuned to D4-Bb3-C4-F4 rather than G4-C4-E4-A4.

Would be nice to have a separate instrument to learn regular stuff on, there are folk songs I would like to learn.
Lol, that's my original justification for so many ukes.... different tunings on different tonewoods on different sizes! But yeah, it is nice to have that option to switch linear/re-entrant/etc without having to re-string the ukes and risk dinging the top/bridge/neck with frequent string changes. In allseriousness though, there are some songs that I think are arranged better for low-g, some that sound better on a mango tenor vs a koa concert, etc.

Lol, that's my original justification for so many ukes.... different tunings on different tonewoods on different sizes! But yeah, it is nice to have that option to switch linear/re-entrant/etc without having to re-string the ukes and risk dinging the top/bridge/neck with frequent string changes. In allseriousness though, there are some songs that I think are arranged better for low-g, some that sound better on a mango tenor vs a koa concert, etc.
I probably will succumb to full blown UAS at some point. I wanna try a sopranissimo and ukubasses sound super fun too

I probably will succumb to full blown UAS at some point. I wanna try a sopranissimo and ukubasses sound super fun too
Sopranino in my profile pic.
Strings that allow for standard tuning for sopranino & sopranissimo in “about me”.

I checked with the UAS committee and no you have not not yet qualified to be a part of the UAS inflicted group. Try to acquire one of each size and in each tuning before reapplying.

I checked with the UAS committee and no you have not not yet qualified to be a part of the UAS inflicted group. Try to acquire one of each size and in each tuning before reapplying.
Hahahaha! I snorted my Red Bull out my nose lol

Top Bottom