Jam Canceled

Jerryc41

I had already decided to stay home rather than go to our Saturday jam. The place we use does not have air conditioning, and the room gets hot. I received an email at 12:26 that it was canceled. I would have been on my way there and been sent home when I got arrived. My thermometer is showing 99° now, and I'm sure it will go higher.

It's not easy finding a good meeting place, especially with people so spread out.

ripock

aren't you in upstate new york? Here in the desert, 99 doesn't even raise an eyebrow. People are out jogging, high school teams are on the football field practicing, But where you're at, 99 is nasty with that humidity.

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
It's been in the 80s & 90s here in Midwest Wisconsin. Flirting with 100. High humidity makes it hard to breathe or do anything strenuous. Especially on days that it rains just enough to make it really miserable. Bleah!

But, at least it ain't snow. 😎

clear

Today's 77F and RH 55% in the garden. I wish all the uke jams around here just meet outside.

clear

Where are you, Shangri-La?

SF bay area. Here's the forecast for the week.
weather.jpg

ploverwing

I had already decided to stay home rather than go to our Saturday jam. The place we use does not have air conditioning, and the room gets hot. I received an email at 12:26 that it was canceled. I would have been on my way there and been sent home when I got arrived. My thermometer is showing 99° now, and I'm sure it will go higher.

It's not easy finding a good meeting place, especially with people so spread out.
I don't brain in F for outdoor temps (but do for baking; ah, so Canadian having a mixed up measurement brain), I had to use Google to convert. Ugh, that sounds unpleasant. I don't love high (or very low) temps; I live on the west coast where it's supposed to be temperate, but our summers are getting hotter (the cedar trees are all showing heat / lack of water stress around this area, it's sad). Last summer, we had 42C (looks like about 107 F?) and I just about died. I couldn't believe how my body just stopped working properly. It took two weeks to recouperate. Plus it hit early summer when the garden was just getting going, and everything just gave up. I didn't blame them.

I'm so sorry you had your jam cancelled, that's very disappointing. I am glad, though, that you were informed before you'd made the trek out there.