Jet 16-32 Conveyor belts UK

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
If you have an old model 16-32 sander you are likely to have purchased it from Axminster Power Tools who no longer have the dealership for this machine. The reason I say this is:
  1. The current UK dealers are not at all helpful and won't return calls
  2. The old model specifications differ slightly from the current model
  3. Spare parts are hideously expensive
In my case I have had to have the drive shaft to the conveyor repaired and am now on my third conveyor belt because over time, it gets distorted and needs replacing. I am having a minimum quantity of 10 being made up for me. I'll keep 3 - the other 7 are for sale. The dimensions are 405mm x 975mm. Check your machine to see if it is this size and get in touch if you need a spare belt because I can guarantee, after two failed purchases that the ones I have will be the only ones available to fit the old spec machines in the UK.

If you have an old model 16-32 sander you are likely to have purchased it from Axminster Power Tools who no longer have the dealership for this machine. The reason I say this is:
  1. The current UK dealers are not at all helpful and won't return calls
  2. The old model specifications differ slightly from the current model
  3. Spare parts are hideously expensive
In my case I have had to have the drive shaft to the conveyor repaired and am now on my third conveyor belt because over time, it gets distorted and needs replacing. I am having a minimum quantity of 10 being made up for me. I'll keep 3 - the other 7 are for sale. The dimensions are 405mm x 975mm. Check your machine to see if it is this size and get in touch if you need a spare belt because I can guarantee, after two failed purchases that the ones I have will be the only ones available to fit the old spec machines in the UK.
I just checked mine Pete and the width is 440mm and the length is approx: 980 ish maybe 975mm..and I think I’ve got the same machine as you...So it looks like there is 35mm missing on the width...405 would still work ok tho if tracking is on centre.

Last edited:
Yeah it will. I'vw been running a torn belt for months. I'll see if I can get a quick change on this Thanks Ken.

That's odd Pete. I have an old model 16-32 and the conveyor size is 406 x 1095 mm. If you are having new belts made I hope you are not using AbTec in the UK. I fitted a replacement conveyor from AbTec after the abrasive on the original belt wore smooth and the machine started ejecting workpieces across the workshop. The original belt never, and I mean never, needed tracking adjustment - it simply ran true from day one and stayed that way. The AbTec belt is absolutely impossible to track - whatever you do with the tensioners within 5 minutes of operation the belt will track all the way across until it rides hard against the drive side belt guide, which has nearly worn out. I tried reversing the belt which made no difference at all - it still migrated all the way across the machine within minutes. I should add that having owned a 10-20 I am well familiar with how to adjust belt tracking!

The problem appears to be the belt seam - reading the reviews of the equivalent Hermes belt on Axminster it seems my issues are not uncommon.

I am contemplating paying through the nose for a genuine Jet spare belt from the States.

Here is a link to the AbTec item: https://www.abtec4abrasives.com/406...16-32-sander-price-per-belt-z01397-8088-p.asp

OK, I give up! Who are the current UK dealers - Bayleigh Industrial? Raptor? both sites totally useless!

While I'm at it, why has my PC defaulted to this absolutely hideous new forum format whilst my Android phone still loads the old and much loved version?

Yes, just checked mine. 440mm. Same machine as Ken's, which was bought just after Ken brought it to everyone's attention that Axminster had a deal going!.

Mine is the "16-32 Plus" model and the conveyor is definitely 405 / 406 mm wide and 1095 mm long. The distance between conveyor roller centres is 515 mm, so no way can the machine accept the 975 mm long belts Pete is having made.

Ref. my earlier comment, is everyone now seeing the awful "VBulletin" forum format? I can still get the old version on my phone, so why not on the PC?

Cheers
Pau;

Hi Paul

I only use a PC with Win 8.1 and Google Chrome as my browser. Nothing has changed with the forum format here!

Interesting - I'm on Windows 10 and Google Chrome and a few weeks ago the site defaulted to this hideous new VBulletin format. Nothing that I did as far as I'm aware. I've pretty much stopped browsing the forum as a result, until discovering my phone was unaffected!

Cheers
Paul

I use the VBulletin format and always have, but if you want to see "mobile view" on your PC, notice the drop down box at the bottom of the page here in the picture below:

Fullscreen capture 1282020 110307 AM.jpg

Open the drop down box and toggle between which type of view you would like for you PC. I hope this helps.

Well it would definitely help, if only I could see a drop down box! Do you have a picture of where it is in VBulletin please?

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Sequoia ... but the picture you posted shows what to me is the original format screen. The VBulletin screen I see is nothing like that at all - there are no drop down boxes and very little else. I would include a screenshot of what I see only there is no means that I can figure out to add a picture. There are no icons of any sort visible and any attempt to click outside the box I am typing in results in the message being deleted. This is my fourth attempt to post an answer! Very grateful for any help because this is driving me nuts.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Brian . I've tried accessing from a google search for UU, but to no avail. The site link takes me straight to this new format.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, I had the same problem a few months ago. WIN10/Chrome etc. I tried the usual things like rebooting , closing chrome and re-opening, clearing cookies etc, and after a day or two it righted itself. I was never quite sure whether it restored as a result of my efforts or not. I also suspected it may have been restored by a Chrome update, but couldn't be sure. Good luck. Mike

Top Bottom