Just got my custom Curly Black Koa Uke :)

PeformanceUke

Reaction score
Well I been waiting for one of my customs and its finally done. The sound and feels is so amazing.

Its made out of curly black Koa built by Sonny D ukuleles in Waiphau Hawaii. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Beautifully crafted uke with stunning curly Koa. Is it a concert? Was it affordable? Do you still have both of your arms and legs?

Wow, now that is one fine looking Ukulele. I don't think I've ever seen one that stunning.

I've no choice but to use the same word: stunning. It's what came to mind looking at the photos.
The other word was "breathtaking".

"Stunning" doesn't do it justice. How long did it take to make? How expensive was it?
I'm looking for a new Tenor and was leaning towards a Kamaka or KoAloha. But the Sonny-D looks like a contender. Currently have a Kamaka Concert.

Yes, wow! What a beautiful uke! Tell us more about it! How does it sound?

Wow, that is gorgeous. Congrats on getting such a beauty.

I know it's already been said but WOW WOW WOW! That is some very nice looking koa that was used for your uke . Congratulations.

That is a beautiful instrument. :) I would love to hear how it sounds. How much did you pay for something that stunning?

I don't know what everybody's talking about. It looks terrible. So bad, in fact, that I think you should give it to someone to save yourself from embarrassment -- preferably to the person who pointed its wretchedness out in the first place ;).

Seriously though, that is incredible. Just when I thought I'd seen them all, somebody has to go and build an excellent, excellent instrument. Congrats!!! That looks (and probably sounds) awesome.

Awsome looking ukulele.I can only imagine seeing it live.Most pictures only give us an idea what they (ukulele) really look like,I realized that when I saw and held Aldrinne's ukulele in my very own (clumsy) hands LOL . I hope you really enjoy playing it.

Man, those pics were total uke p***! I hope you make a video soon so we can all hear it sound as magnificent as it looks!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and the support. I plan on getting more ukes in the future. This particular one sounds and feels awesome, the more i look at it i start to notice more trippy grains. It also is a tenor size

I made a brief sound clip of me just messing around, you can sort of get the ideal how it sounds but in person it looks and sounds even more awesome. Don't mind the video quality.

Last edited:
Let me know what you guys think about the sound don't mind the video quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom