Kala baritone for give

ripock

Reaction score
I have bespoken a custom baritone that tickles my fancy. It is to replace a Kala baritone that I haven't played in about three years. There's nothing wrong with it, there's just nothing right with it. I've never dropped it or damaged it in any way. It has been sitting in its padded gig bag in the corner of the room. It probably has some finger prints and/or schmutz. It currently has strings from Southcoast (obviously bought before Dirk passed away; that's how old this is). It has a slotted head stock and a cedar sound board.

I'm not going to be arsed about posting pictures or sound files. Here's my rules for the transaction:

1. You send me an empty guitar box.
2. I put the baritone in the box and send it to you.
3. You remunerate me for the shipping (and if you want to add anything else, that'll contribute to my Laphroaig fund)

And that's it. Collectors need not apply. I don't want this baritone sitting behind glass in some menagerie of instruments. I really want to give this ukulele to someone who can benefit from its use.

So if you want to take a chance on a free uke, send me a message and don't get your panties in a wad if I don't instantly respond; I'm not 20 years old and I don't carry a little hand-held computer on my person. I check periodically.

I am in New Mexico and the baritone is about 3 meters from me.
😂 Very good! If I'm ever in NM that'll be worth a bottle of Islay's finest. Or Laphroaig if you don't like Bowmore 😉

Thanks for the reply. I asked because of your use of the word "arsed" - in case you were "in't" UK.

Very best wishes.

I appreciate ripock's humor he sprinkles in on his posts on the site. It's always worth the price of admission.

Re: Post #1 - I'll qoute or use rip's words because I like his use of language or verbiage :
I too, am not 20 years old or carry a little hand held computer on my person. My phone hangs on a wall in my house. I have given away instruments also, and like rip when I give them its so somebody gets some use and joy from them. True, It's better this happens than having them sit behind glass in a menagerie of instruments. It's a good thing to pass some instruments on and there are some here that do. Why not if you can.

Very nice ripock, you have brung a smile to my face again. The honest humor sprinkled on your generosity is applauded. (y)

Post #6 is classic ! - That one was worth two smiles :D:D

If ever we meet I'm buying the drinks.

I appreciate ripock's humor he sprinkles in on his posts on the site. It's always worth the price of admission.

Re: Post #1 - I'll qoute or use rip's words because I like his use of language or verbiage :
I too, am not 20 years old or carry a little hand held computer on my person. My phone hangs on a wall in my house. I have given away instruments also, and like rip when I give them its so somebody gets some use and joy from them. True, It's better this happens than having them sit behind glass in a menagerie of instruments. It's a good thing to pass some instruments on and there are some here that do. Why not if you can.

Very nice ripock, you have brung a smile to my face again. The honest humor sprinkled on your generosity is applauded. (y)

Post #6 is classic ! - That one was worth two smiles :D:D

If ever we meet I'm buying the drinks.

Very well said.

I read his initial post and reply out to the boss (Mrs) and she laughed out loud - or "lol"'d as I hear the youngsters are saying these days.....

Very nice thing to do! I had a UU member give me an item (not a uke) a while back; I would have gladly paid for it but he insisted on it being gratis. These generous folks are great role models for the rest of us, especially in the trying times that we face.

Getting the damn box is the hardest part of selling a uke so I don’t blame him for not wanting to deal with it.
I’m down to four ukes and trying to sell one. I hate dealing with boxes.

Generous of him as you say. IMHO a great uke.

Thanks everyone. I have committed the uke to someone. I'll let you all know if the transaction doesn't materialize for whatever reason so that I can find a home for this baritone. And as Kimosabe said, it is a fine instrument...from what I remember of it. I am just not inspired by it. I have moved on to custom ukes that are personalized to me and an assembly line ukulele doesn't seem to fit in with the ethos I am exhibiting nowadays.

A very nice thing to do, ripock. I hope the recipient enjoys it as much as I enjoy my Kala Baritone.
I am not as selfless as I seem. My wife is casting a stink-eye over my musical clutter. I can always argue that my tenor guitar is in Chicago Tuning but I need a baritone in F# tuning (I have a tendency to downtune my ukes to get the tension I prefer). However two baritones would be pushing my luck.

I am not as selfless as I seem. My wife is casting a stink-eye over my musical clutter. I can always argue that my tenor guitar is in Chicago Tuning but I need a baritone in F# tuning (I have a tendency to downtune my ukes to get the tension I prefer). However two baritones would be pushing my luck.
Your wife giving you the stink eye is all the tension you need. :p

You are probably more generous than you let on, but I like your style.

I can have all the music stuff I want as long as she can have all the quilting and paper piecing and knitting stuff she wants. Our house is pretty full of hobby stuff.

This made my week. I hope that whoever gets this ukulele enjoys it, and that riprock enjoys the ukuleles that he has moved on to.
Whether it's because a spouse is giving the stink eye or an act of kindness, (I'm guessing it's likely both, LOL), it's a nice thing to do.

Top Bottom