Kamaka Cases

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I found a place selling Kamaka Ukulele Cases. They are the standard cases that Kamaka has for their instruments.

I had been looking for a good quality, wooden covered hard case for two of my instruments when I stumbled across the Kamaka C3 case for one of my tenor ukes.

They are available in limited quantities in all four sizes, soprano thru baritone. On Reverb. Easy Music Center on Honolulu in Hawaii.

The case I received is just as I remember my Kamaka case for the tenor I sold last year. High quality Inside and out. It does have the Kamaka logo on the front. That I think is silk screen or similar process, not a decal.

I am not affiliated with either company in any way. Just bought one and like it a lot.sroe7f2xoojmsorhqtqa.jpg
sroe7f2xoojmsorhqtqa.jpgb5zgdh1g8d0ytipnrthc.jpg

Crap! for some reason it uploaded the first image twice instead of the view of the bottom. I have no way to edit or remove the duplicate photo.
Four chromed latches (My preference), chromed feet on the bottom and the hinge side.
Here's the bottom:

bbedhpbjljivbqyqy11c.jpg

Easy Music is a large music store in Honolulu; maybe the largest retail music store in Hawaii. They've been in business for many decades. I've bought ukuleles from their retail store, though not online. Their store is just a mile or so from the Kamaka factory, so I'm sure any Kamaka gear they sell is genuine. They do show Kamaka cases on their website as well. I don't know if the prices are any different from their Reverb listings. https://easymusiccenter.com/

Last edited:
Good to know. They sent it out FedEx the same day I ordered it and the cases arrived two business days later. Great service.

I have a Kamaka with one of those cases, and it is very form fitting. I have to wonder if other ukes that have slightly different dimensions would fit.

I have a Kamaka with one of those cases, and it is very form fitting. I have to wonder if other ukes that have slightly different dimensions would fit.
A Pono tenor fits also but has a bit more room, about 1.5 cm (0.6") at the lower bout.

G-String tenor is a snug fit. A deep body Kimo super tenor does not. Ko'Aloha KTM-00 and Opio KTO-10S fit it beautifully. All have strap pins or jacks in the butt.

What I really like about the case it the wide area at the head. Provides plenty of room to tuck in a strap.

G-String tenor is a snug fit. A deep body Kimo super tenor does not. Ko'Aloha KTM-00 and Opio KTO-10S fit it beautifully. All have strap pins or jacks in the butt.

What I really like about the case it the wide area at the head. Provides plenty of room to tuck in a strap.
Speaking of straps, my one beef with my Kamaka case is that it is too tight to let me keep my strap on. I very much prefer my generic Crossrock case that has more wiggle room so that I can wrap my strap around the lower bout of the instrument without taking the strap off.

Speaking of straps, my one beef with my Kamaka case is that it is too tight to let me keep my strap on. I very much prefer my generic Crossrock case that has more wiggle room so that I can wrap my strap around the lower bout of the instrument without taking the strap off.
Funny, I was having exactly this problem tonight. Finally got a strap for my HF-3 and then found myself wondering how folks store their ukes in cases with a strap.

And about using a strap (on a tenor) - I wouldn't say it's like night and day, but finally using one on an uke did make me wonder why I waited so long!

Top Bottom