Kanile'a's Super Bowl LVI 2022 Commercial

Well produced, good promo. But I do not understand title of SB LVI.

Companies show their best produced commercials of the year during the Super Bowl game .
... and often these best produced commercials are used to unveil a new product .

History is full of companies insisting that they show a commercial on the Super Bowl broadcast. Blowing their entire year's advertising budget on one 30 sec spot because over a billion people worldwide would view the ad. (70-90 Million-ish in the US.) And were surprised that no one remembered the ad a week later. Or if the spot was memorable enough, very few could name what the product or company the ad was for.

The cost for a 30 sec Super Bowl spot in 2022 is $6.5 Million USD. That's $217,000 per second. Of course you get a discount if you air your spots more than once, or you are a big network advertiser.

Really? The Super Bowl? I didn’t know that making ukulele paid that well. It’s a pretty ad and a pretty ukulele.

Honestly Josh Allen deserves to be in that game. I dont have an opinion on the commercial.

I would think that if it is true about the cost of the Kanilea add that that money would be better spent on uke programs in schools and education
and Ukes for Seniors. What a waste if it’s true.

It may not air during the game but instead during the 48 hours of pregame coverage (slight exaggeration) when the rates are lower. Perhaps only in a few markets.

Just somehow seems like the wrong market for ukulele advertising. Too commercial.
a lot of money to throw away. Wish Kanilea the best but we will see what happens.

Top Bottom