Kinnard soprano sound sample

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Hi folks. I just got a new John S. Kinnard soprano, walnut back and sides with a cedar top. I am thrilled with this uke. It looks, plays, and sounds better than any soprano I have ever played. It has a great full tone with a warm and woody sound. Here is a really quick sound sample. Cheers.

Soooo sweet and rich. And warm. And sustain. And the note separation. Pure honey Doug. Congratulations again mate.

By the way, was that piece anything in particular or just freewheeling? Sounded lovely as your playing always does.

Beautiful sound and playing!

Soooo sweet and rich. And warm. And sustain. And the note separation. Pure honey Doug. Congratulations again mate.

By the way, was that piece anything in particular or just freewheeling? Sounded lovely as your playing always does.

Thanks so much Jon. Pure honey is right. Kinnards are no joke. I have now had a chance to play several. They are all nothing short of incredible.

The song is something Ukulelezaza wrote called Magnolia Mourning from his second book.

Just for fun here is another one. This is Never Quite Free by the Mountain Goats.

Holy Smokes sustain of a tenor and everything Hippie said........in spades. Along with your great playing, you truely deserve this soprano, I have always loved what you do with sopranos.

If you get the time PLEASE do "Georgia On My Mind". That version you did with the MP, Mya Moe and Koaloha was one of my all time favorite soprano pieces.

I feel major UAS rearing it's ugly head...........Oh sweet Georgia Brown :eek:

That Mountain Goats song was beautifully, beautifully done my friend.

I only have subscriptions to three channels and yours is one of them. Just wanted to tell you that. :)

I only have subscriptions to three channels and yours is one of them. Just wanted to tell you that. :)

I am blushing a small amount right now. It does indeed make my day. Coincidentally I am subscribed to several channels but three of them are yours (True statement).

Holy Smokes sustain of a tenor and everything Hippie said........in spades. Along with your great playing, you truely deserve this soprano, I have always loved what you do with sopranos.

If you get the time PLEASE do "Georgia On My Mind". That version you did with the MP, Mya Moe and Koaloha was one of my all time favorite soprano pieces.

I feel major UAS rearing it's ugly head...........Oh sweet Georgia Brown :eek:

Thanks so much Dave. I have been planning to record Georgia on my Mind. But I only had time for single take recordings and I thought that would take a few tries to get through with out major mistakes. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Wow, your two videos might even be better at promoting those Kinnard Sopranos than the samples at HMS. And that means a lot! They sure look and sound really special.

Wow, your two videos might even be better at promoting those Kinnard Sopranos than the samples at HMS. And that means a lot! They sure look and sound really special.

Great job Doug on the playing. Can see the joy of a new instrument on your face.

I think the two latest sopranos by Kinnard set the high bar for Sopranos and now I need one.

Beautiful. Warm. Sustain. Just very special. Congrats.

Nicely done, Doug! It has been fun on this journey together and I look forward to playing our "brother" ukes together during one of your LA visits.

Thanks for putting up the videos--it's great to hear these little beauties.

Top Bottom