Kiwaya KTS-4 US availability?

Calbrit

I check the online sites that sell this model regularly and they have shown out of stocks for months now. I expect its the direct effect of Covid/lockdown. However, does anyone knows if the company is having other difficulties?

If you're willing to import, then the Southern Ukulele Store in the UK tries to keep stock of KTS-4s. I just saw one listed a couple days ago. Alas, it has sold already!

EDW

Yes, it seemed these were always around but recently they seem harder to find.

CommonCurt

I check the online sites that sell this model regularly and they have shown out of stocks for months now. I expect its the direct effect of Covid/lockdown. However, does anyone knows if the company is having other difficulties?

I've been waiting for some Kiwaya models to come back in stock also. The shops that I've emailed have all said they should be getting more stock in sometime this month. I think it was Covid that was slowing production down. Making it even harder to find some of their models in stock.

Matteng

Hi Guys,

Sometime since this thread started but I can tell you that Kiwaya are currently manufacturing and delivering to dealers in about a month. (Sept-Oct 2021) I know as have had one on order since June. Spoken with both the dealer and Kiwaya.

EDW

That is good to hear. Kiwaya makes great playing and sounding instruments. The laminate KS-1 and KS-5 used to be found on many sites, but have been fairly scarce lately.

Photodan

I bought a KS-1G (I think, it has standard tuners that are very cheap) on Amazon a few weeks ago. I like the size and build quality and set up. Only thing I don’t like are the tuners.