Koa Pili KoKo Ukuleles

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Are they still in business? I bought a couple of their ukuleles a few years ago and was quite happy with the quality and price. There doesn't seem to have been much activity on the site (pilikoko.com) for a couple of years. They have a newer model I'd be interested in ordering but have not received any response to my inquiry.

Didn't get a reply to my last email either. My concert acacia just sounds spectacular, especially considering the low price. My soprano long neck pineapple has started to open up and I am now officially impressed with it as well.

My experience was that Jason could be slow to answer emails, but it does seem odd that the announcement on the home page is about orders last November. Hmmmm.

The long neck pineapple (deluxe) is the model I'd be interesting in purchasing. My concert acacia has been my go to uke for several years.

My l/n pineapple sounds like a banjo. Not in a good way.

...or different manufacturer's strings. I've been putting Worth BM strings on all my ukes as soon as I get them.

I hope all is well with Jason and KPK. Our deluxe tenor acacia is incredible - the sound, the looks, the feel. I would love to order a concert from him one day, since my tenor now belongs to my husband, who plays it more than the Gretsch that I gave him to begin with.

FWIW, Jason and his help have never responded to any of my pre-sales queries. But when I took the leap and placed an order thru their website, they were VERY responsive, shipped within days, and responded to my questions within hours. Go figure. My favorite uke is a Asian headstock KPK concert in exquisite figured/curly mahogany that I picked up on Ebay. If you're interested, I would make the leap. You won't be disappointed.

Speaking of KPK, anyone have strong opinions about their tenors? Acacia vs Hog, bindings vs plain? I tend to prefer the aesthetics of the plane janes, but the thought of a maple or rosewood binding is tempting...

He still has not replied to either of the 2 emails addresses I have for him from previous purchases. Went so far as to request
a PayPay invoice for the uke in which I was interested. That was nearly 2 weeks ago and still no response.

I think he's a "one man shop"...if something came up, travel, illness, etc., he may have just stopped responding for a while. Perhaps we'll find out for sure eventually.

Would be interested in other suggestions for a long neck solid acacia soprano pineapple uke.

Do they have one in the koaloha acacia opio line?

Would be interested in other suggestions for a long neck solid acacia soprano pineapple uke.

I have a KPK longneck soprano acacia pineapple. Not a fan. Overbuilt, sounds like a banjo. I've never found the right strings for this uke. My advice, keep shopping.

hmmm. i attempted to place an order (paypal method as amazon link is dead on his site) and have heard nothing back as yet. despite two attempts. anybody know if koi pili koko is still in business?

Last edited:
Top Bottom