KPK Deluxe Pineapple Soprano

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Once again a great ukulele from Jason at www.pilikoko.com. Received the ukulele in less than a week, shipped to PA.

I had ordered it with the 'Bone Conversion' for an additional $10 and am delighted with sound. A few years ago I had ordered the concert prior to the bone being offered. The rosewood nut and saddle produced a great tone but I ended up swapping out the saddle for a black micarta saddle that seemed to improve the volume and clarity.

The Deluxe Pineapple acacia has a very koa-like tone, similar to my early-70s Kamaka soprano. The build is outstanding and intonation is spot on. The top and back are perfectly bookmatched with a beautiful koa-like flame and grain. There have been a few cosmetic changes over my concert including a laser-etched logo and silver open gear tuners with black buttons. These changes add to the overall classiness of the ukulele. The neck is very comfortable and the fret crowns and edges are clean. It's a joy to play and like my KPK concert will become my daily uke when I'm looking to play a soprano.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced solid wood instrument don't overlook KPK. The customer service and communication from Jason is outstanding as well.

Attachments

• KPKDPBody.jpg
    KPKDPBody.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
  • KPKDPFull.jpg
    KPKDPFull.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
  • KPKDPHead.jpg
    KPKDPHead.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for the review. Been wondering about them. I have a concert with ebony nut and saddle and would not opt for the bone after hearing it. I would imagine the bone nut and saddle are also great though.

Top Bottom