Lanikai Zebrawood Tenor cutaway anyone?

ukebeatsguitar

I've recently fell in love with the Lanikai SCW-TCA Cutaway Tenor Acoustic-Electric. It looks beautiful, but it's kind of out of my range... right now... I was wondering if anyone on hear owned one and would recommend it, or have a review on it. I really need a second tenor, and all your help would be greatly appreciated.

Foo

Sorry i can't be of any assistance..... Yet , But i'm currently talking to a dealer on ebay (he is taking FOREVER) to reply but our timezones are so very different. Once i get mine i will let you know what i think of it. I have fallen in love with it to , i love zebrawood its marvellous!

H

Hippie Dribble

hi ukebeatsguitar

I don't own a Lanikai uke myself but from what I read on the forums, a number of members here seem to own them and are big wraps for them. They seem to be a good mid-range choice as far as quality and price goes. For myself, I prefer the traditional bodied ukes (without the cutaway) but again, many like them as it allows for a bit more flexibility and makes those note and chords high up the neck easier to play. I'd just make sure your prospective uke has a nice low action and you've got a gooduke there!! And I agree, the Zebrawood is really striking,hey? Let us know how you go with your purchase...

ukebeatsguitar

The thing is, I don't have the money yet, but I'll figure out a way to get it. Hey, snow is coming, maybe I'll shovel drives. And Foo, I followed your other post, and I must say you've almost gone the same route I have, except that I DID purchase the Lu-21TE and I love it! But, since all my ukes are mahogany, I'm going for something different. The other one I was looking at was the Kala Bocote "Butterfly" KA-BFTE. I played on, and I loved it. It was a lot different than Mahogany, but I loved the look of it too. Does anyone have an opinion on the Kala vs the Lanikai?

Foo

Haha yeah , Well i figured why spend 200(250 with shipping) When i can go that little extra and get something unique that will turn heads. I am about to pay for it so i should get it in approx a week from tomorrow , I'll be sure to let you know what i think of it once i get it.

molokinirum

Haha yeah , Well i figured why spend 200(250 with shipping) When i can go that little extra and get something unique that will turn heads. I am about to pay for it so i should get it in approx a week from tomorrow , I'll be sure to let you know what i think of it once i get it.

Congrats on buying your uke. Really looking forward to seeing pictures as that zebra wood is simply awesome and will turn heads!!!

Foo

Got it today , it is brilliant. Alot lighter then i thought it would of been and it sounds great!!

ukebeatsguitar

Got it today , it is brilliant. Alot lighter then i thought it would of been and it sounds great!!

I haven't ignored your reply, I just wanted to give you some time to get used to it before I asked how you liked it. So, here goes. What do you think of the wide nut? Is it awkward feeling? How's the wood? Does it sound good? Does the cutaway take from the volume or tone? All your answers would be highly appreciated.