::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Sally said.

WANT. You have two. I'll take one off your hands.

You know it!

Thanks Don, and everybody else!

So, so good. It's vanilla ice cream they press through something, so it comes out looking like spaghetti. Then they put strawberry syrup all over it as sauce, followed by parmesan cheese flakes of white chocolate deliciousness. It looks like this:

220px-Spaghettieis_fcm.jpg

But then they do all sorts of insane variations, some as simple as adding chocolate meatballs, some of which contain alcohol, and some of which are no long spaghetti at all, but start to move into the realms of lasagna.

spaghetti_eis.jpg

eiscafe-spaghettieis.jpg

and here's a spaghetti ice cream torte.

mid_4bb0b6dab64cf.jpg

I would like to have a minor role saying these lines.

I used to get spaghetti ice cream all the when I lived in Germany. We used to get it from the ice cream truck. I miss Germany.

I had seen this before, but loved seeing it again. Thanks, Rob! I think I'd like to learn this song....

Okay, I found the chords and lyrics online. Not difficult, but I'll have to give it some practice to really nail the chord progression and the changes. Then I'll need to listen to Zoe sing it about a thousand times (oh, poor me! :D) so I can really learn the melody. I've got to transcribe the songsheet into my preferred format, too....

I need some help figuring out how to save this video for repeated viewing. I want to be able to play it over and over again, without having to go hunt for it. How do I save it to my favorites?

I'd say follow this link and then bookmark it in your browser.

I think I got it, Rob. Thanks!

Okay, I should be all set. I found the chords and lyrics, and got them all transcribed into my preferred format and printed out. I got the video link saved to my favorites, to allow for repeated viewing.

Now I need to play through it often enough to determine whether I got all the chord changes in the right places, and whether the key suits me. If not, I'll have to transpose it, I guess. Now I guess I'm about out of excuses, and need to get busy learning the song....

Watching Lute vids online... how come more ukes don't come with those intricate soundholes? So pretty. It would be cool to have a uke with a laser cut soundhole in the shape of a traditional Hawaiian quilt pattern.
I likey your new picture!

My papers were filed three months in advance. I don't see the problem computing a retiree's full benefit eligibility. It's just arithmetic, for cryin' out loud. But, for the sake of argument, let's say they DO need 3-10 months to crank the numbers. They've offered an interim payment of $750 per month to help me stay afloat. The $750 is WAY less than what I'm actually going to get, but it would help in the short term. This is apparently standard procedure. This needs no fancy calculation. What's their excuse for needing up to 90 days to make the $750 payments start? I just don't get it....
It's simple--they're lazy a--holes!

Good morning.

Doing ebay listings. Got lights up in my warehouse. It is awesome!

Dropped Yonas off for scout camp today. Has to get up at 6. Feeling good considering. I am usually not a morning person.

The Kraken has passed. He's had a swim bladder infection the last few days, which apparently are pretty common in young fish. I did everything the internet told me to, apparently they either get through it on their own, or they don't. Sigh. I want another fish, but I feel weird calling the guy and being like, yeah, it died.

You can have my koi sized gold fish. My son won it at a fair when he was two. I was going to throw it in a bowl like we did when I was a kid but then the stupid internet told me I was a bad person for doing this and it gave about a hundred reasons I was going to hell if I just threw it in a bowl. So, $350.00 later my son's feeder gold fish is living the life of luxury in a 15 gallon tank with a dinosaur theme. He named it Piranha, but you have to say it like the dentist's little niece in Finding Nemo. Oh yeah, and by my guesstimate, Piranha is about 8" long now.

Last edited:
I've only just recently started to break my long standing soda addiction and switch to water. It has NOT been easy, but I'm doing much better now. I actually have begun to enjoy drinking water, but only if it is very cold. That makes it hard now that summer is here, as the botle of water warms up before I finish it....

I've been buying those drink additives like Crystal Lite and Mio, to break up the monotony of water.

This does not sound like fun. Note to self: avoid having pancreatitis....

Yes, never do it. A sharp constant pain. Never anger the pancreas!!!

To put it in perspective, a teacher above me (second floor) said she thought giving birth was the most painful thing ever but that pain felt like bad cramps compared to her pancreatitis attack (she had a reaction to some meds she was on too).

It's pretty ouchy!

Last edited:
We've had real good luck with an OTC remedy called Glyoxide. It's a thick liquid that you apply to the source of mouth pain. It works very well on all kinds of oral sores....

I bought some stuff that the pharmacist said was the latest and greatest, but after the first time, my son refuses to let us put it on again.

I had seen this before, but loved seeing it again. Thanks, Rob! I think I'd like to learn this song....

That was my thought too, but then I watched it again and noticed the speed of the chord changes. I'm not even close to playing that cleanly. Must practice, practice, practice.

Work-related rant. Feel free to ignore, but I need to vent:

The Post Office is running a racket. They tell you when you retire that they don't know, yet, just exactly how much your monthly pension check will be. There's a formula, based on your age at retirement, your exact length of service, the average of your three highest earning years, and a couple of other factors. They say it may take 3-10 MONTHS for them to figure it out, so in the meantime they'll send you $750 a month to help you get by. Then, after they get your final pension check figure, they start your normal payments and send you a retroactive check to make up the difference from the $750.

WTF? Do they not have computers? The numbers they need to crunch are right in my personnel file. This isn't rocket science. They're just delaying sending me my money.

Meanwhile, I've been paid for all the days I worked before I retired on April 27th, and I've been paid for the vacation days I had left over. But so far I've not seen a DIME of pension funds....not even the $750 per month interim payment they promised. What would be their excuse for delaying THAT? It's not like they don't know how much it is. The information packet I was given says that if I've not seen a payment within 90 days to call a certain number. 90 days? Have they ever gone 90 days without being paid?

They're just sitting on my money, dammit!....:mad:

And they wonder why people snap an go "postal."

I've been washing windows this morning, and hating every minute of it. They sure do need it, though. I'm just about out of Windex, now, so I guess it's time to go to the grocery store. We need some other stuff, anyway....

(((Freeda))) I never experienced that with my daughter. I did, however, experience it with my stepkids. They were impossible when they came home from their dad's house! Wish I could say something to make it feel better....

Pretty much this, it used to take us the better part of a week to De-demonize ours when they got back. Even their teachers would comment that they knew when they had visited, because of their change in behavior, so we knew wit wasn't just us.

Good morning kids.

I went fishing with the male this weekend. He's been going out pretty regularly for weeks now trying to catch a catfish. He's got all kinds of fancy rigs and a fancy pole and fancy bait.

I caught a catfish with my walmart special pole I bought because it was pretty. I started singing and dancing around the bucket. His name is George. We either have to acquire a bigger tank, or dig a pond in the backyard if we decide to keep him.

556489_10151219739559778_1730247054_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom