::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a couple weeks ago I mentioned that the construction guys at the new house had spread straw everywhere and it turned out it was wheat straw? So Emma and I collected all the wheat heads that had mixed in? Well...we threshed and winnowed all that wheat (ended up with 3/4 cup of kernels) and then ran it in the food processor to make a very coarse flour. This afternoon we baked a loaf of bread using that coarse wheat flour (and more flour to have enough free gluten to get all stretchy and rise nicely).

Anyway - here's the result:

IMG_20121117_211442_701.jpg

Remember a couple weeks ago I mentioned that the construction guys at the new house had spread straw everywhere and it turned out it was wheat straw? So Emma and I collected all the wheat heads that had mixed in? Well...we threshed and winnowed all that wheat (ended up with 3/4 cup of kernels) and then ran it in the food processor to make a very coarse flour. This afternoon we baked a loaf of bread using that coarse wheat flour (and more flour to have enough free gluten to get all stretchy and rise nicely).

Anyway - here's the result:

IMG_20121117_211442_701.jpg

Good effort! So - how's it taste??

I dislike most types of shopping, and I absolutely loathe shoe shopping. (I need winter boots badly, but my efforts have so far been unsuccessful.)

You're a Bearpaw girl...they make winter boots, too...

On a related note - apparently Bearpaw doesn't make Men's shearling boots any more. I'm wearing my only pair right now - but I found a retailer on Amazon that still has my size in stock. I ordered two pair. I love Bearpaws, and at 1/3 the price of Uggs they make me extra happy...

Home from the meat party. Yeah, it's early but it started at 5 and we were there at 6. Ate briscut, ribs, chicken, pie, rolls and more pie. Skipped the veggies and salads. Drank daiquiris. Played uke some. Strumming group. Nice peeps. Hubby had a plate in his hand the entire time. He ate everything. There was tons of food.

It's nine and I've got my PJ's on and it's Saturday night.

That's just wrong.

Sounds like the perfect evening to me!

Sounds good. Seems some of your catering and bartending gigs pay well for an evening.

yes they do guarenteed 5 hours 150, plus tip. Usually they last at least 6 or more hours and usually get a 50-100 tip. Not bad considering set up accounts for 1.5 hours and usually we are done in 30-45....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom