::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day you said you couldn't get a good loco moco. Aren't you fairly close to Gardena? There must be a ton of places in that area. Even Marukai Market probably has that in their food court section.

Probably within the next couple of years. The in-laws want to show off their only grandson.

I'd like to be able to go to Kumamoto and buy either a samurai sword or some armor with my Mon on it. My Mon is one of the original ten and I supposedly come from a very prominent Samurai family. All of the swords and armor that my great-grandparents brought from Japan were lost during WWII because of the Internment Camps. My grandfather and my uncles buried all of the family heirlooms in a field outside of San Jose. When they got back there was a big warehouse built on the land.
That is a terrible shame any of that had to happen.

Just got back from a girls volleyball game. Our school just lost the championship for our section, but still qualified for the NorCal tournament.

I was considering going out to grab a drink with some of the new teachers when one of them said, "you have to come out, it'll be cool. It'll be like drinking with my parents or something." Damn kids!!! This last week has started to make me FEEL old :)

Probably within the next couple of years. The in-laws want to show off their only grandson.

I'd like to be able to go to Kumamoto and buy either a samurai sword or some armor with my Mon on it. My Mon is one of the original ten and I supposedly come from a very prominent Samurai family. All of the swords and armor that my great-grandparents brought from Japan were lost during WWII because of the Internment Camps. My grandfather and my uncles buried all of the family heirlooms in a field outside of San Jose. When they got back there was a big warehouse built on the land.
You really need to go there. Your son will get the royal treatment there as you know.
You had said mon a couple times. I looked it up. I had heard hon and kanji before. I thought Sakai is where many of the original swords were from I have a gyuto from there. Very cool to be part of a prominent samurai family.You would be amazed by things at my parents house. I grew up heavily immersed with Japanese culture. Seems there should be a way with ground penetrating radar to find your heirlooms. That would be quite a great story if you were able to recover them. Obviously,very frustrating and needless to say the internment camps as well. A true tragedy.

The other day you said you couldn't get a good loco moco. Aren't you fairly close to Gardena? There must be a ton of places in that area. Even Marukai Market probably has that in their food court section.

I will check in the food court at Marukai. If not plenty of good food there anyway. Plus,I like shopping there. Maybe I can find some Botan rice candy to confuse my kids when I tell them to eat it with the wrapper on.:D Gardena is up by Los Angeles. I don't make it up there much. Salukulady said there was one on Brookhurst close to me.

You really need to go there. Your son will get the royal treatment there as you know.
You had said mon a couple times. I looked it up. I had heard hon and kanji before. I thought Sakai is where many of the original swords were from I have a gyuto from there. Very cool to be part of a prominent samurai family.You would be amazed by things at my parents house. I grew up heavily immersed with Japanese culture. Seems there should be a way with ground penetrating radar to find your heirlooms. That would be quite a great story if you were able to recover them. Obviously,very frustrating and needless to say the internment camps as well. A true tragedy.

My guess would be that they discovered the stuff when they graded the land for the foundation. Grandpa said they didn't bury it that deep because they were in violation of the curfew and were trying to hurry so they wouldn't get caught.

My guess would be that they discovered the stuff when they graded the land for the foundation. Grandpa said they didn't bury it that deep because they were in violation of the curfew and were trying to hurry so they wouldn't get caught.

That is such an incredible bummer. That stuff would have been amazing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Go-shichi_no_kiri_crest.svg

This is my Mon (family crest). It'll be inlayed on the fretboard of my custom.

Last edited:
Movie's over. That was good. Haven't watched it in a long time. Makes me wanna re-watch Firefly.

Gary, I think you were the one that commented earlier about homemade gifts.
My siblings and I have been doing it for years. It's not set in stone so if we see something new someone's just gotta have it's okay to bend the rule. But the parameters are, it can be 2nd hand, a hand me down or homemade. So for example, if I have a chair you commented once that you really like, I can give you that. Or if I see something at the goodwill store I know you'd like I can buy it. One year my brother gave me an awesome bread maker he found at a garage sale for 10 bucks. He knew I wanted one. It looked like it had been used once maybe, even had the manual.

We are all pretty crafty. This year everyone will be getting a gift certificate for an hour massage from me also in their basket of goodies.

Anyway, that's how we do it. We don't ever care if it's even or fair. It about the thought and caring behind the gift. My SIL (who happens to be Jewish, ha ha) always buys great gifts, sometimes new, but goes bonkers for the homemade stuff she gets

christ, I am annoying. ignore me please.

((((Tina))))

Annoying Orange is annoying. Poho peeps adore you. I'd throw in my 2 cents but since I still have many pages to catch up to, I'm going to guess that many of the big-hearted folks on this thread have already given some great advice.

This is me. Short legs ridiculously long torso. Shirts are ALWAYS too short.

I'm another set of annoying proportions... longish legs, stupid long torso, very long arms, no hips, no butt, all boobs and shoulders like a linebacker.

Long pants are too long, avg are too short. Sleeves are never long enough, if something fits across my chest, its about 3 sizes too big everywhere else. If jeans fit in the waist, they bag in the hips/thighs/butt region.

I don't do sleeves very often... they annoy me. I like them to fit properly. I don't do button down shirts if I can avoid it.. they make me look odd.
I am good with a sewing machine though, and will alter things to fit.

Home at last... Chillaxing at my desk. Feel like poo, think I have keto flu.
Worst part is that it's my own fault.
I'm bushed.
Gonna eat then hit the sack.

Everyone comes around eventually :p

Thanks to the magic of Jungle Jim's, I found some Tim Tams. They had a lot of flavors to choose from and it was hard to decide between caramel and dark chocolate. Dark chocolate won out. I also grabbed some mango licorice.
timtam.jpg

What I REALLY want to know is "What is the heck is musk flavor??????"
must flavor.jpg

My husband and I consulted with a friend on this. He conjectures that musk flavor is probably ball sweat...my husband said that sounds about right. I've decided to ask the professional.... So, Tack, can you enlighten me?

Thanks to the magic of Jungle Jim's, I found some Tim Tams. They had a lot of flavors to choose from and it was hard to decide between caramel and dark chocolate. Dark chocolate won out. I also grabbed some mango licorice.
View attachment 45484

What I REALLY want to know is "What is the heck is musk flavor??????"
View attachment 45485

My husband and I consulted with a friend on this. He conjectures that musk flavor is probably ball sweat...my husband said that sounds about right. I've decided to ask the professional.... So, Tack, can you enlighten me?

Their flavour and aroma is quite floral, reminiscent of musk perfume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom