::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 13!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So y'all know how some people catch grief from their spouses/significant others about having too many ukes? My husband complained that I have too many uke cases... cracked me up! He's cool with me buying new ukes (and also tons of shoes) but not so much with cases. All my babies need their own beds. ;)

In that Alabama bunker child hostage situation going on right now. . . . how come they can't "gas" them to sleep and then just go in?

So y'all know how some people catch grief from their spouses/significant others about having too many ukes? My husband complained that I have too many uke cases... cracked me up! He's cool with me buying new ukes (and also tons of shoes) but not so much with cases. All my babies need their own beds. ;)

My wife is a uke enabler. I think in her mind it justifies her buying so much stuff for James. I don't get how that works . . . but I think that's what's going on.

I only have one hard case and I just put whatever I'm using in it. How many cases do you have?

When I came home with another banjo my mom did not seem too pleased. But I have banjo mute now and that helps a lot with the noise.

My wife is a uke enabler. I think in her mind it justifies her buying so much stuff for James. I don't get how that works . . . but I think that's what's going on.

Maybe she just likes to see you happy. :) twooo luv!

In that Alabama bunker child hostage situation going on right now. . . . how come they can't "gas" them to sleep and then just go in?

I really don't know, Gary, but I have some guesses. For one, the amount of gas needed to incapacitate an adult may be dangerous to a child, due to the difference in body weight. Also, I know the authorities have provided medication for the child, who may be health-comprimised in some way. The other thing is that the perpetrator could conceivably harm the child if he were to suspect gas, before it had the time to knock him out.

Just thinking out loud, here....

So many things could go wrong with doing that.

I only have one hard case and I just put whatever I'm using in it. How many cases do you have?

6... one for each uke. Only two are hard-cases though, one for soprano and the latest, for concert size. Pragmatically speaking, there isn't much reason to have one for each uke but I like having the option to transport them all at once should the occasion arise.

6... one for each uke. Only two are hard-cases though, one for soprano and the latest, for concert size. Pragmatically speaking, there isn't much reason to have one for each uke but I like having the option to transport them all at once should the occasion arise.

I have transported all of my ukes at once on several occasions. I can see where there would need to be a limit, though, just due to the space they require....

So, knowing I'm going to be leaving my job and ideally having less take-home pay due to lessened work hours, I've been striving to acquire everything I could possibly want/need uke-wise since the river of cash is going to dry up and be a creek. Don't want to be up the creek without a ukulele. (We don't need no stinking paddles. Unless they are Boat Paddle ukes.)

The lust hits every now and then (currently drooling over kamoa gray/black tiger stripe!) but overall I am very happy with my current instrument collection, and I have some books that will take me a couple of years to work through. I've got a few amps as well, of varying sizes.

Here's the question. If you were in a similar situation - using the stock up now mentality - what would you be after? (I sound like a doomsday prepper.)

Yes you do! I was just talking to my mom about that!
Assuming it is the same pic we talked about at the last meeting.

Yes it is and done! I only just now realized that the scanner at work saved it as a PDF and ...it is sideways so you'll have to rotate the view.

So, knowing I'm going to be leaving my job and ideally having less take-home pay due to lessened work hours, I've been striving to acquire everything I could possibly want/need uke-wise since the river of cash is going to dry up and be a creek. Don't want to be up the creek without a ukulele. (We don't need no stinking paddles. Unless they are Boat Paddle ukes.)

The lust hits every now and then (currently drooling over kamoa gray/black tiger stripe!) but overall I am very happy with my current instrument collection, and I have some books that will take me a couple of years to work through. I've got a few amps as well, of varying sizes.

Here's the question. If you were in a similar situation - using the stock up now mentality - what would you be after? (I sound like a doomsday prepper.)
Lessons with a good instructor.

That was my calling you out way of saying thanks again . . . and you're not as computer illiterate as you think you are.

I have no idea what's going on with your importing pictures though. Maybe they're saved in the wrong format? No clue.

Gary, I think you found my problem with posting photos. All of my older photos got saved in a JPEG format, and were fine. The recent ones that have all failed to import were all saved in BIT-MAP format, for some reason. I checked the tabs at the top of my photo library, but couldn't find a place to adjust the settings to specify JPEG. I also have no idea how it could have changed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom