::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeshale

I have good news. I will likely be spending more time here now. I am no longer living in NC in the airstream. I am back home with my wife again. The only small downside, not collecting a paycheck. I have very mixed emotions about this.

That is excellent news. Understandably conflicting but still good.

Ukulelerob

I have good news. I will likely be spending more time here now. I am no longer living in NC in the airstream. I am back home with my wife again. The only small downside, not collecting a paycheck. I have very mixed emotions about this.

Welcome home Matt. You have been missed.

SailQwest

How's practice for the season's video coming along? And please post it here, so I can find it. AND, PM me when you do so I'll know when to look. PLEASE?

We recorded the videos on Tuesday. We're planning to upload to YT today. :)

Mim

We missed you Matt! Mojo sending for something to come up!

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
But you're right. It's like the old saying: "Those that can't do... teach."

While it is not always true, I am sure that the origin of the saying is from business-world rejects that went into consulting.

That quote is always used out of context. It was actually a positive statement about teaching but I can't remember who said it right now.

lisaxy424

Man, last time I posted here was over a year ago.

Hey Melissa, I just recently got back on here too! You still play at all? :)

Shane--I subscribed to your youtube. Is there any videos on there from, like, uh, YOU?

Don't get me STARTED on this...

Now wait a minute... Now you are making me sound creepy.

I'm just dropping truth bombs is all ;)

Indiana, Illinois and Ohio. In June we are all like a box of chocolates.

If by "June", you mean "all year", then I totally agree with that statement!

SailQwest

(((Matt)))

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Nah. I am not that good of a shifter. My normal was around 93-94. Goal for next year is to break 100 in the quarter mile.

I got third in the fastest female bracket. Trophy and two hundred bucks gift cert to speedlogix.

Not a bad haul, Freeda!

austin1

What's the timetable on this?

This is after Mexico, right?

Mexico is happening im Rahmen meines Masterstudiums, then we graduate in March/April 2014. Even if we flew to Mongolia immediately, we'd get there right at the end of the semester (it ends in May). If we become teachers, we'll start in the fall of 2014. That leaves the entire summer. Right now, our options appear either 1) fly to Mongolia early, chill out in Ulanbaator, take a language class, or 2) go to America, hang with my parents, work in a restaurant and earn money. With Option 2 I could go to UWC!

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP

Congrats on being home again Matt. Great news!!

Ukulelerob

Mexico is happening im Rahmen meines Masterstudiums, then we graduate in March/April 2014. Even if we flew to Mongolia immediately, we'd get there right at the end of the semester (it ends in May). If we become teachers, we'll start in the fall of 2014. That leaves the entire summer. Right now, our options appear either 1) fly to Mongolia early, chill out in Ulanbaator, take a language class, or 2) go to America, hang with my parents, work in a restaurant and earn money. With Option 2 I could go to UWC!

I like option 2, but I'm selfish.

austin1

Borrow stuff from your neighbors? :rofl:

images

(No, really, I laughed!)

austin1

I like option 2, but I'm selfish.

I like option 2 as well, the only problem is it requires waitressing, which is the only viable form of short-term employment that enables you to make a crap-ton of money in a short amount of time. But I swore I would never waitress again, especially not after getting my master's.

But...Mongolia...

austin1

And isn't that lame? Like oh hey, yup, got my masters, then I moved back in with my parents and worked at Red Lobster, you know, exactly what I did before my masters.

But it would only be for like two months. And there would be Mongolia at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Ukulelerob

I like option 2 as well, the only problem is it requires waitressing, which is the only viable form of short-term employment that enables you to make a crap-ton of money in a short amount of time. But I swore I would never waitress again, especially not after getting my master's.

But...Mongolia...

Are you going for Dr. Tina?

Status
Not open for further replies.