::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Yes, I've put two feet on the pedal two hands on the steering wheel and pushed and pulled and had my bottom off the seat. Whoa!

Been there, done that! A set of worn, four wheel drum brakes is not what you want at the end of a drag race....

Mim

Such a nice day here! Church was televised today so my sister came over with her kids, we hung for awhile, had lunch. Levi and I put up the posts for the goat/ pig pen. Did not get around to pulling the wire yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Watched church while doing a jigsaw puzzle with the kids... super fun. That has become out new thing. Sunday is puzzle day. I need to go by the dollar store though, we are out of new puzzles. Then America's Funniest Home Videos and dessert (our Sunday tradition), then I did my exercises. And it was 65 out today! Nice! Tomorrow even warmer. Though I will be working all day... booo... might work with my windows open... hooray!

Mim

Night yall! Work all day tomorrow so I will be around. Monday are turning out to be INSANE, then it slows up around Wednesday some, basically dead Thursday and Friday, then it revs up for a busy Monday again. I am getting used to it though.

Sleep well!

veep

I got my trip plans done just need my amtrak tickets.

veep

I played this uke last night was surprised at the sound. Was not the best but was not to bad might be a ok work uke.

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Gary, the older my mom got, the less PC she became. I remember cringing at her comments. Now I really miss them.

If there's anything colorful she used to say you think you can use in the eulogy do it. Eulogies of people that have lived a long full life should include humor. It's wonderful a family member is speaking. I abhor eulogies performed by some preacher that never knew the deceased.

A lot of what she said wasn't because she was old . . . she always spoke her mind and was very blunt at times, which is pretty much a polite way of saying she was rude at best.

She also, absolutely did not care what others thought of her. Once I took her out to a really nice restaurant and she busted out tupperware at the end of the meal and asked for more of the bread and more of the spread for the bread. She also took a ton of the condiments, fancy sugar packets, mini individual ketchup etc.

I'm still torn on what to share. My cousin and I are the oldest and there are 8 of us all together. I think I want to voice my appreciation of what she and other nisei (second generation Japanese Americans) went through and sacrificed so that the later generations could achieve what we have.

I probably have the most funny stories though. I spent the most time with her growing up.

Susie A

Do you think you have some? I never had them before, but the older I get the more issues I have in spring and fall.

I have many. One of the reasons I keep getting sick. We are going to kick them to the curb.

SailQwest

I was thinking about Scott when we decided to record this song, Midnight Special. It's a bonus entry for Season 59.

I totally blew the first chord, but forgot about it by the end of the song. We only did one take. Anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.