::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzic

Work off of Michael, please. There are way too many Mikes in this world and none of my friends call me Mike. Except my mom. She's 102 and immune to retraining. "Sides, she's my mom.

"Appear to be smart" Looks can be deceiving.

Okay. I here-by dub you The Smart Michael. TSM for short. Congratulations! :D

Skitzic

Okay. I here-by dub you The Smart Michael. TSM for short. Congratulations! :D

Oh, and I'm not trying to be deceiving. The internet is deceiving. You could be the not-smart-Michael....but the internet is lying to me and telling me you are. So really, it's just building up your reputation. I hope you can live up to it. ;)

chindog

You can never go wrong with Lulu.

Righteo!!!

eb0ec9e86eb90de10884e8187d3e7d14.jpg

chindog

Ugh. I hate when IT pushed updates like that. Maybe I'm too nice, but I wait until people are ready for the newer versions of office. If they get a new machine, they get the new office, but I don't push it on people if I don't have to. Especially since we skipped 2007, and went from 2003 to 2010. It's SO different. The powers just sent a bunch of admin staff to 2010 classes, so I've been doing a bunch of installs lately...but since they were ready for it, I haven't heard any belly-aching.

we get updates pushed down on us at work, too. They even change our desktop wallpaper to whatever the IT people want it to be to promote whatever survey or campaign they have going on.

Skitzic

Oh, and I'm not trying to be deceiving. The internet is deceiving. You could be the not-smart-Michael....but the internet is lying to me and telling me you are. So really, it's just building up your reputation. I hope you can live up to it. ;)

Ignore this post. I just reread your post...and I am an idiot. No deception involved. :D

chindog

Better yet, I'll sit on top of the wood pile and throw rocks at anyone that comes to close.

Maybe there should be crime scene tape around the wood pile. And the outline of a body in flourescent pink spray paint on the ground near it.

cashew

After a short nap, I realize in my head I'm confusing pho with pad Thai.

I need sleeps

Newportlocal

You're the best! Sriracha and hot peppers are staples at my house. :) I don't have fish sauce, but I'm much more comfortable with 'foreign' sauces since I've been experimenting with Asian food more and more. Thanks for the tip!

If you find a jar let me know! I will send you the funds for it!

I'm slowly adding more spice to the male's diet. When he first moved in, he hated all spice...especially hot spices. I started with the nice spices, and have been working more and more hot stuff in. I love hot spices. He can tolerate a lot more now then he could when he first moved in.

I will let you know when i get back from my meeting late tonight. Ditto at our house my wife didn't eat anything spicy when we met. In regards to upping the heat in our house I have even made guacamole with caribbean red peppers and ghost peppers I raised myself. My wife loves spicy now. It was a slow process, but it had been fun to share. We will have to build up to that again this summer. All summer we make fresh guacamole. You are reminding me it is time for me to start planting again.

Skitzic

we get updates pushed down on us at work, too. They even change our desktop wallpaper to whatever the IT people want it to be to promote whatever survey or campaign they have going on.

I never, ever, EVER do that. 1: it creates hardware issues. 2: it pisses people off. 3: it would piss me off.

I don't like it when IT people play God like that, and that's what I equate that to. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. I try to work with my users, and I think that helps me in the long run.

Sorry, I'm getting off on a rant here. I have very strong feelings about this. IT gets a bad rep because they give it to themselves. Sure, it takes extra work sometimes...but it creates less work in the long-term.

Then again, I work with roughly 250 people. My employer has roughly 375 total employees. We are small, so it's easy to be personal.

And that starts another rant. I'll stop here. I'll end it with, that sucks Mike the Chin. I wouldn't do that to you.

chindog

I had friends that as part of their wedding favors had a "thank you" poem tucked inside shotgun shell casings.

Both sets of parents were not amused.

So the favors were a wild success, then?

seeso

Super Duper Moderator
Staff member
Some of you may have noticed that I edited some old posts in this thread.

If you'd like to know why, just send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.