::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds good, too, Jon. Doesn't the crockpot cooking require more liquid than just a drizzle of liquid smoke? Or does the pork produce enough liquid on its own?

Often instead of the crock pot I will wrap it tightly in foil and put it in a low oven for a long time - it produces plenty of its own juice!

I'm meeting with the teacher in just a little while to talk about that. I'm wondering if I can manage a checkerboard-type pattern using alternating knit and purl squares, with a knit border. I don't know how one would incorporate increasing and decreasing into a scarf pattern....

1) Consider joining Ravelry, it's a website that gathers patterns from all over the web, and they rate them for difficulty and show pictures of completed projects, as well as reviews, and tips and tricks. I love it- I get most of my patterns and inspirations here.

2) Knit/Purl squares are VERY easy.... but can be dull after a while...
pho3to_medium2.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozs5r94i9cnx8l8/mariners-scarf.pdf is one of the prettier ones (I love that border between the squares... and it's not any harder than what you wanna do :) )

3) If you want a challenge... How about some very simple patternwork? It's the same idea, but a little more detailed:
70023a.jpg
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70023.html?noImages= (you'll have to sign into lion brand, but they have awesome patterns, and they're all free...)
This pattern does a lot of little bibs and bobs that aren't hard, but are good to learn- It involves increasing and decreasing,

This. I would love to have a gas range, but we're poor.

I will have to pick up a wok and try this.

Installed in the new house yesterday:

preformer-361.jpg

36 inches. Full sheet pan-sized convection oven. 6 open burners. Yeehaaaaa.

We blew well over half our kitchen appliance budget on this baby...

We still have no power, but good thing we have a good generator. Got my orders done today at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom