::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No brainer, Tina. Family, money AND UWC? Pffft! Option 2 FTW....

The problem is, what do I do with Strapless? He can come with me to the States, but he can't work. He could stay here, but he won't make decent money doing anything. Work in the US is much more flexible than in Germany, but work in Germany is much more secure. I have the option of picking and choosing, but he doesn't.

Thanks Don. The eulogy is going to consist mostly of favorite memories from her grandkids. She was a character. No filter. Most of my favorite memories shouldn't be shared during a funeral.

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope sharing memories after the service brings some laughter and good memories of her.

And isn't that lame? Like oh hey, yup, got my masters, then I moved back in with my parents and worked at Red Lobster, you know, exactly what I did before my masters.

But it would only be for like two months. And there would be Mongolia at the end of the tunnel.

I'm considering waiting on tables or teaching summer school this year.

Welcome to the world of teaching.

Yup. My sister has her MA in ESL and teaches full-time. She has often considered supplementing with waitressing. It sucks that it can be so hard to make a living, but there's no shame in taking on short-term or side gigs.

And good morning, pohos! I've been having a lazy morning. Drinking coffee, doing laundry and watching Nashville. I pretty much played my fingers off yesterday. I hope they have some life in them to play some more later today.

I like option 2 as well, the only problem is it requires waitressing, which is the only viable form of short-term employment that enables you to make a crap-ton of money in a short amount of time. But I swore I would never waitress again, especially not after getting my master's.

But...Mongolia...

A Summer sitter can make good money ... and ... it's the US, you can drink all the milk you want!

she's not hard up, quite the opposite actually, her parents pay for everything. She's never had to work for money in her life and has no idea what to do with it.

I can't make myself something nice to eat :( I'm out a refrigerator, kitchen utensils, everything. Boy brought his pot over today so I could make pasta, we ate it out of coffee mugs. And I can't buy anything tomorrow either because it's the first day of classes and I'm out from 10 AM-8PM. Sigh. Worst move-out timing ever.

It sounds as though she is both spoiled and inconsiderate. I'm sorry for your misfortune.

oh! we've got it! I talked to my mom and she says we can live with them, I'll waitress for the two/three months, boy can intern, AND THEN WE CAN GO TO MONGOLIA YAY. So maybe I will come to UWC next year!

I'm considering waiting on tables or teaching summer school this year.

Welcome to the world of teaching.

Content creation for business can be lucrative. You are articulate. There is good money in freelance contract work.

Gary, the older my mom got, the less PC she became. I remember cringing at her comments. Now I really miss them.

If there's anything colorful she used to say you think you can use in the eulogy do it. Eulogies of people that have lived a long full life should include humor. It's wonderful a family member is speaking. I abhor eulogies performed by some preacher that never knew the deceased.

How warm is UWC in general? I know last year was supposedly quite cold?

UWC is like a swamp with horrendous heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and such. Think of it Australia, but with drunk Americans instead.

... and you can trust me, I've never been there - to UWC that is. I'm too young.

Matt, all I can say is I wish I could hug you. I do hope a decent job is in your future near your home but I am just glad you are home. I can't imagine how hard this last year has been.

I know you've got a crapload of stuff on your plate but, if you made it to UWC this year that would make me very happy. I know Normal Tim has room in his tent.

UWC is like a swamp with horrendous heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and such. Think of it Australia, but with drunk Americans instead.

... and you can trust me, I've never been there - to UWC that is. I'm too young.
He is absolutely correct.

The heat got way above 90 and the humidity was unbearable at UCW II & III. UWC IV was just freezing.

Pack accordingly.

Tina, I'm so happy things are working out for you. Forget the room mate crap. Have you got a new one lined up?

Oops. I thought I was PMing you :)

Yes. In the middle of all my eye troubles I got a frantic call from my aunt who lives next door to my grandmother. She was trying to get a hold of my dad. Apparently my grandmother was down on all fours and speaking in gibberish. I told my aunt to call 911 for an ambulance and I tracked down my dad. When we got to the ER my grandmothers heart rate was really low like 22-34 beats per minute and she was unconscious. They treated her for a high potassium level but after a while they said they couldn't do anything for her and just kept her comfortable until she passed.

Hard to explain, but I'm more relieved than sad. My grandma was a fireball and over the last year and a half she really wasn't herself at all. The grandma I knew was already gone.

((((Gary)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom