::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a blog that adapted the 'best' pho recipe for the crock pot. I'm all over that! I'll keep you informed.

Linkage?

Usually, for good pho, I use my wok on top of a chimney starter that's about as hot as a jet engine .

If I ever was able to get my dream kitchen, I'd have a wok burner installed.

I might be able to get you a smaller size jar. I just need to get the kind that does not need to be refrigerated to send it to you. I will check on that.

That would be great! I would gladly send you the money for it!

Jake is playing this Friday in a close town, might go see him not sure though. Kinda want to hear his new stuff live..

His new stuff is pretty good. At the live performance, he did a song with a looper, where he would play a lick and record it, then play something else over it, and record it, then add another layer, etc. There was nothing like that on the new CD. It was really very good, so I'm glad I got to hear it live. Or somewhat live.

Please do. If it works out well. I will make some in my crockpot. This thread renewed my interest in crockpot cooking.:D

I read some pho recipes online, and it seems it's mostly a long boiling broth? That seems like it would lend itself to the crock pot well. I love making stock in the crock pot, no chance of boiling it too hot and getting it cloudy!

I'll order the spices tonight, and hopefully my experiment will happen next week. :) I'm going to call the butcher tomorrow and see if he will put aside some bones for me.

I did a computer update thing on my laptop a while ago that updated my browser. That's a good thing, I guess, as it corrected my picture posting issues. It also added a spell check feature to the forums for me, which I've never had before.

It has been showing me words it doesn't recognize, like "uke" and "poho". These are words I use regularly, and it finally became annoying enough for me to try to figure out how to add these words to the spell check dictionary.

I did it! All by my little techno-challenged self. I am pleased....

Nice job Don.

Linkage?

Usually, for good pho, I use my wok on top of a chimney starter that's about as hot as a jet engine .

If I ever was able to get my dream kitchen, I'd have a wok burner installed.

Link. I surfed there from this link, which is supposed to use some kind of fancy pants stuff for finding the best recipe.

I read some pho recipes online, and it seems it's mostly a long boiling broth? That seems like it would lend itself to the crock pot well. I love making stock in the crock pot, no chance of boiling it too hot and getting it cloudy!

I'll order the spices tonight, and hopefully my experiment will happen next week. :) I'm going to call the butcher tomorrow and see if he will put aside some bones for me.

Butcher? Just ask Matt!?!

That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't used marrow bones since I made Borscht soup a long time ago. Currently my crockpot has only been getting used for chili. It would be fun to have Pho soup at home. You need some chili paste or sriracha to kick it up a notch. The garnishes really help make the soup when you serve it. They bring you a plate of them in the Pho restaurants around here. Most of all good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Btw I will look in Garden Grove/westminister when I am up there this evening. If I find a jar of some non refrigerated kimchi I will mail it to you.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I think I read your name was Mike? We have a lot of Mikes. We need to find a nickname for you. I'm thinking, The Smart Mike, because you appear to be smart.

Work off of Michael, please. There are way too many Mikes in this world and none of my friends call me Mike. Except my mom. She's 102 and immune to retraining. "Sides, she's my mom.

"Appear to be smart" Looks can be deceiving.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't used marrow bones since I made Borscht soup a long time ago. Currently my crockpot has only been getting used for chili. It would be fun to have Pho soup at home. You need some chili paste or sriracha to kick it up a notch. The garnishes really help make the soup when you serve it. They bring you a plate of them in the Pho restaurants around here. Most of all good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Btw I will look in Garden Grove/westminister when I am up there this evening. If I find a jar of some non refrigerated kimchi I will mail it to you.

You're the best! Sriracha and hot peppers are staples at my house. :) I don't have fish sauce, but I'm much more comfortable with 'foreign' sauces since I've been experimenting with Asian food more and more. Thanks for the tip!

If you find a jar let me know! I will send you the funds for it!

I'm slowly adding more spice to the male's diet. When he first moved in, he hated all spice...especially hot spices. I started with the nice spices, and have been working more and more hot stuff in. I love hot spices. He can tolerate a lot more now then he could when he first moved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom