::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were discussing these standardized, Common Core tests earlier.

One of our local school districts, in all their infinite wisdom, has decreed that any student who opts out of the exam must report to the exam room anyway, and sit at a desk and do nothing until the exam is done. They cannot read, do homework, listen to earphones, sleep....they have to sit, and stare.

New York state has tied state aid to education into the percentage of students taking these exams. In order to maximize state aid, the school districts seriously frown on opting out. They don't want students thinking that if they opt out, they'll be able to go and do something else that may be more fun.

Thus, the "sit and stare" punishment for opting out. As soon as anything involves $$$, people get seriously stupid....

For our more recent PoHos:

This is the pace at which this thread used to move all the time. Having it that way again, today, has been wonderful....

We have heard from a LOT of PoHos from chapters past today! We still haven't heard from Susie, or Mike the Chin, or Seeso, or Zoe, amongst others.

No Richard today either, as I recall....

Here's the content of my first PoHo post. (I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste the whole thing here)....

One of my favorites! We did it at uke group last month; C, Am/C (2003), F, G7. Love it!

BTW.... Hi, Poho folks!

Get a loada RC Cola, TV dinners..... I had the Dr. Demento album with this song. I learned it for a recent Seasons week, but there were parts I couldn't sing with a straight face.

Here's the content of my first PoHo post. (I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste the whole thing here)....

One of my favorites! We did it at uke group last month; C, Am/C (2003), F, G7. Love it!

BTW.... Hi, Poho folks!

That was on September 21, 2010, in response to Sally's post about the song, "The Last Kiss"....

right now I'm proctoring one of those glorious standardized tests that tell us nothing but makes big time money for publishing companies and the politicians that push standardized testing.

Did that for 4 days last week . . . in second grade . . . all day long . . .

yeah . . . stupidest thing ever . . .

A girl is silently freaking out because she didn't follow directions and did both portions of the test already and she was supposed to stop after part 1 (I told her I was obligated to report her to Federal Testing Authorities).

She's one of my kids and very gullible.

I'm guessing it will take her a good ten minutes before she stops to think about it and realize I yanking her chain.

And now I am obligated to report YOU to the Federal Testing Authorities for saying anything to the students during the testing period that isn't written in the Test Administrator's Manual!!!!!

We had some new test this year on computers only...no paper. We were I think 1 of 2 states that decided to use this test. All the others that used it found it was too hard for kids to do.

Our district tried it a couple of years ago. My school was a pilot for it. The darn computers halfway worked and there was so many complications . . .

We have heard from a LOT of PoHos from chapters past today! We still haven't heard from Susie, or Mike the Chin, or Seeso, or Zoe, amongst others.

No Richard today either, as I recall....

Dominic, Beejums, link, Deach, russbuss, probably booze, Ukeshale -- know how say it?, Kim, what about grumpy coyote? And I'm forgetting a bunch...oh, hippie dribble, jerbear, Aldrine (he has posted) has Rayan ever posted?, I'm sure DeG has been here,

Help me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom