::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I'm pretty sure the car dealership downgraded their wifi. It was slow before but it's painfully so, now.

I'm pretty sure the car dealership downgraded their wifi. It was slow before but it's painfully so, now.
I don't know why they'd do that - it's really hard to choose a slower speed these days. Internet providers tend to discontinue the slower speeds and if your old router in your home/business dies, it's unlikely new ones would be available slower (I mean, unless you find old stock or buy used). On the other hand, if they had a lot of new connected equipment that's sharing the signal that may impact things.

Or I could be completely wrong. I'm tired.

I don't know why they'd do that - it's really hard to choose a slower speed these days. Internet providers tend to discontinue the slower speeds and if your old router in your home/business dies, it's unlikely new ones would be available slower (I mean, unless you find old stock or buy used). On the other hand, if they had a lot of new connected equipment that's sharing the signal that may impact things.

I'm guessing my home WiFi slowdown the other day must have been due to too many people trying to get on at once. I can't think of another reason. It was working....but SO slowly. Then, after an hour or two, it went back to normal....

IDK but they have a wifi for "Penske guests" so I'm assuming the employees are on another router. It's never been that slow in all the times I've been there.

I'm guessing my home WiFi slowdown the other day must have been due to too many people trying to get on at once. I can't think of another reason. It was working....but SO slowly. Then, after an hour or two, it went back to normal....
That's very possible. Cable-based internet services, especially, can be affected by a lot of users at once, but all of them can be.

I'm not having any luck getting on the Discord thread on this tablet this afternoon.

Top Bottom