::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tack

Ahhh all caught up....
Now for today..... To day is THE day ... All the Reno related stuff finishes.

The new blinds go up in 30 minutes...

11am dentist appointment

2pm ukulele lesson

4pm all the locks get changed (reminder to self -be INSIDE the house )

5pm open champagne :D

Apart from the dentist, today should be a good day!

Mim

bermuda-beach.jpg

DEEP deep blue and clear as glass... with beautiful pink beaches!

6647909-lg.jpg

These photos made me log onto sites with flights. Not this summer, but, one day E... one day! It is gonna happen! I would like one day reserved for putting on sunscreen, laying flat on the sand... and having a zen day and search for a state of nothingness in my head. Then I will be ready for snorkeling and music playing.

nscafe

It can be all of our songs!

It's a lovely tune, though, innit?

It is. Most Ingrid tunes are adorable. I like singing with my wife on that one. The other one we've been doing lately is Tonight You Belong To Me. I need to get both of them recorded. Eventually...

UncleElvis

These photos made me log onto sites with flights. Not this summer, but, one day E... one day! It is gonna happen! I would like one day reserved for putting on sunscreen, laying flat on the sand... and having a zen day and search for a state of nothingness in my head. Then I will be ready for snorkeling and music playing.

Mim, you saw how much we fell in love with the kids... we have a car, we're a 10 minute walk from the beach.

We'll take the kids to the Aquarium or somewhere while you and Levi veg out on the beach.

And "searching for a state of nothingness" is called "Micing" here.
A friend of mine put up his schedule for this weekend. Friday entailed "A long mice"...

UncleElvis

It is. Most Ingrid tunes are adorable. I like singing with my wife on that one. The other one we've been doing lately is Tonight You Belong To Me. I need to get both of them recorded. Eventually...

I look forward to it!

Mim

Mim, you saw how much we fell in love with the kids... we have a car, we're a 10 minute walk from the beach.

We'll take the kids to the Aquarium or somewhere while you and Levi veg out on the beach.

And "searching for a state of nothingness" is called "Micing" here.
A friend of mine put up his schedule for this weekend. Friday entailed "A long mice"...

Who said anything about the kids? This is me running away...

not that my kids bother me. Just got lots on my mind these past few days!

Susie A

Anyone interested in a Lanikai S-T Tenor? I have one with a case that I need to sell. I was going to post it in the Marketplace, but I am waiting until the one that is there already is sold. I thought I would give you all a whirl first. May put it on Craigslist. Maybe.

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Don, you have never been in the ocean? That is a terrible thing. I was raised in the pacific. My mom thought it was a terrible week that we didn't get to go to the beach at least once. She had us there all the time. It is in my blood and my children's DNA. I have raised four kids that are half dolphin. My Katie is more at home in the ocean than on land. It is sooo different than a lake. PLEASE make it a mission in your life to take a trip to the beach.....the real beach.....the one with salt water. If you make it to my beach I will teach you how to body surf. It's easy, fun and very exhilarating. You must experience this.

My wife and I once vacationed very briefly on Sanibel Island in Florida. It's on the Gulf coast, so not technically an ocean, but pretty darn close. We waded while walking the beach looking for shells, but it was actually cold out. We were wearing jeans and sweatshirts! We took a whale watching trip out of San Francisco once, and once again it was COLD. We ended up buying a couple of coats at some tourist shop before the boat went out, and I'm convinced we would have frozen to death if we hadn't. I remember walking the beach in Virginia once, but we were only there for an hour. The only other ocean exposure I've had was at the Outer Banks. We were visiting family, and everyone else opted for the pool in the back yard, so no ocean swimming then, either.

I'm a good swimmer, and I love the water. I do hope to try swimming in th ocean at some point in my life. Next year at this time I'll be back down to the Outer Banks, so maybe I can make it happen then....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Today I bought a ukulele. I got a Mainland tenor from Uke Republic. I'll be giving Haole John back his travel Kala he loaned me. But I put new strings on it so he would be sure to have to tune it frequently for a while! Here's a pic of the new Mainland.

View attachment 26148

Happy new uke day! It's purdy....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Oh Lauren, your beach would be the ultimate first experience. Yes Don, I think the Mailman needs a retirement trip to Hawaii. You can pick up a new uke while your there, too.

I like the way you think, Sally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.