Ledward Kaapana

Big Bob

Has anybody here seen his ukulele performances on you tube? I was wondering is his ukulele tuned low G ? or tuned slack key? He is an awsome ukelele player,I especially like his version of E Kue morning dew.

kenikas

I haven't seen any of his youtube videos, but I was lucky enough to see him play live several times when I lived on Hawai'i. That was back before I started playing uke, and was only interested in his Ki ho' alu playing so I didn't pay much attention to the uke. He is an increadable musician, definately one of the greats, I'll have to check out his videos.

duster bunny

Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Brad Bordessa

Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Yep, low-GCEG is his slack key tuning. I believe he does some songs in standard with just a low-G though. Led is the man.

dhkane

He's known for his guitar slack key playing in Hawai'i, but his rendition of Blue Spanish Eyes is great.

Brad Bordessa

Add Bob Brozman and boom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1n1mwMzIaI

Led is so much fun to watch. Talk about a guy who loves to play. Most of my musician friends and I get the giggles when we hear him just because he is SO good and he is always telling jokes with his instrument.

Big Bob

Thank you guys for the info on the tuning.I just looked at "Killing me softly" by Led on the ukulele.I could listen to him for hours.

grappler

Killing me softly is awesome.
thanks for informing they way he tunes his uke guys.