"Lonesome Road Strut" Cordoba Mini R + Tab

Camsuke

Hi folks, a little bit of blues noodling on my Cordoba Mini R Guilele :D

Wingnutz

Oh yeah, that piece took me on an interesting journey - original? And very polished playing Campbell, particularly liked the ending! And the black backdrop.

OP
OP
Camsuke

Camsuke

Oh yeah, that piece took me on an interesting journey - original? And very polished playing Campbell, particularly liked the ending! And the black backdrop.

Thanks Laurence, yes, it's a hotchpotch of bits and pieces that I based around "Lonesome Road Blues" also known as "Going Down The Road Feelin' Bad" :D

keonepax

Verified Account
Very nice noodling! I would love to see you draw a face on your thumb! :)

Lapyang

Fantastic Campbell! You really captured that feeling of blues.

S11LKO

Very nicely done mate. Found myself finger tapping the arm of my chair whilst listening.

OP
OP
Camsuke

Camsuke

Very nice noodling! I would love to see you draw a face on your thumb! :)

Thanks John, I have thought about that myself, maybe next time I will draw a face on my thumb! :D

Sharpshin

UU VIP
UU VIP
I always admire your videos, Campbell. How satisfying it must be to play so well.
Swingy Blues is my favorite. I indulge myself by playing in the morning before I go to work.
This piece was wonderful!

OP
OP
Camsuke

Camsuke

I always admire your videos, Campbell. How satisfying it must be to play so well.
Swingy Blues is my favorite. I indulge myself by playing in the morning before I go to work.
This piece was wonderful!

Thank you my friend, I'm like you, I love to play in the morning, I can't think of a nicer way to start the day! :D

Jim Hanks

Jupiter #47 just subscribed to your Mini's channel. He needs a few pointers. :p

MikeHollandGuitar

Great stuff Campbell, I was brought up with all that Travis picking Atkins style. Davey Graham was very much into this style of playing also. "Going down that road feeling bad" was the first ever country blue tune I ever played.
I have a Gretsch guitalele which I dont think sounds great. You get a really nice sound out of the Cordoba. They are not expensive and are available in the UK. You have had the Cordoba a short while, are you views still very positive?
Mike

OP
OP
Camsuke

Camsuke

Great stuff Campbell, I was brought up with all that Travis picking Atkins style. Davey Graham was very much into this style of playing also. "Going down that road feeling bad" was the first ever country blue tune I ever played.
I have a Gretsch guitalele which I dont think sounds great. You get a really nice sound out of the Cordoba. They are not expensive and are available in the UK. You have had the Cordoba a short while, are you views still very positive?
Mike

Hi Mike, the Cordoba Mini is wonderful value for money, I'm very happy with mine. I fitted an LR Baggs Five 0 pickup, changed to some decent strings & that was it, they are basically fine, straight out of the box.

It sounds like we have similar influences in guitar players, once I discovered the styles of Travis, Reed, Atkins, Graham, Jansch, Renbourn etc, I was hooked :D

MikeHollandGuitar

Hi Mike, the Cordoba Mini is wonderful value for money, I'm very happy with mine. I fitted an LR Baggs Five 0 pickup, changed to some decent strings & that was it, they are basically fine, straight out of the box.

It sounds like we have similar influences in guitar players, once I discovered the styles of Travis, Reed, Atkins, Graham, Jansch, Renbourn etc, I was hooked :D

Thanks for that info Campbell! When I was learning the guitar I just soaked up everything from heavy rock to classical music. I think I lived through the best times for music!
Mike

OP
OP
Camsuke

Camsuke

Thanks for that info Campbell! When I was learning the guitar I just soaked up everything from heavy rock to classical music. I think I lived through the best times for music!
Mike

I'm pretty sure that the the Southern Ukulele Store stocks the Cordoba Minis :D You are in the UK from memory? :D