Longtime Lurker

trippy_uke

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

As the title states, I've been using this site on and off for awhile to check uke reviews and general uke topics but I never made an account til today.

My first intro to ukulele was a cheap soprano that an ex let me play with but I never treated it as anything more than a toy. I was and still am primarily a guitarist. A few years later I picked up a Martin S1 for really cheap. I think like $60-$80 because it had scratches all over it but I really liked it. The day came when I was able to sell it for more than I paid and did so quickly but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. After that, I prowled around looking for another one for the same price because I could never see myself paying $400 for a 'toy'. I decided I would get over it and I did until I found a Magic Fluke one day and thought it was neat that I bought it used from Guitar Center. Fast forward to today and I've gone through dozens of ukuleles and I have now settled on a Kamaka Pineapple Soprano. Guess I don't think of them much as toys anymore and instead lil' companions lol

Welcome to the community. It's always nice that you are taking a more active role, and I'm sure many of us who are new to the world of ukuleles can benefit from your experience.

Alan

Hi trippy-uke! Thanks for taking the time to sign up to UU & to introduce yourself, it's nice that you joined the conversation. Looking forward to hearing more from you on your ukulele journey, as you feel like sharing. Yes, definitely share pics!

Welcome to UU, trippy_uke!
Fabulous introduction, and I hope you enjoy your little companions every day!

Welcome to the UU Forum Trippy_uke. Glad to have you as a member.

Welcome Trippy. Glad you're here. Glad you became a member. Seems like a decent lot.

Welcome!

Welcome trippy_uke! Well, in a way they are toys, we do "play" with them - haha!!! Sounds like you're having a blast playing. Great stuff!!!

Welcome to UU! I'm glad you've discovered that the ukulele isn't a toy.

Top Bottom