*** SOLD *** Mason High Baritone

TerryM

Santa Cruz
UU VIP
Reaction score
I bought this Kevin Mason "High Baritone" ukulele in Western Red Cedar/Claro Walnut from Ukulele Friend this last winter during a fit of UAS. I have played it very little and would like to pass it on to someone who will do it justice. The scale is 18 3/4", so between tenor and baritone, and can be tuned GCEA or FBbDG. It sounds excellent either way - demonstrated here by Mika Kane for Ukulele Friend.

The French polished cedar top has several small indentations above and below the strings from use. I tried but failed to show them in pictures. In person you will see them. Otherwise in excellent condition. $2100, $1950, NOW $1675 incl. US shipping.

2021 build date
18 3/4" scale
Western Red Cedar top
Claro Walnut back and sides
Black walnut binding, including fretboard
Burl walnut and abalone rosette
Side sound port
Ebony fretboard and bridge
Ebony faced, slotted headstock
Rubner tuners with ebony buttons
Bolted mahogany neck with carbon fiber rod
French polish
Crossrock tweed case

(One pic is from Ukulele Friend's original listing. You can guess which.)

MasonFront.jpgMasonBack.jpgMasonSideFront.jpgMasonSideSoundPort.jpgMasonTail.jpgMasonTuners.jpgMasonHeadstock.jpgMason case.jpg9W0A0394Small.jpegUUNameDate.jpg

Last edited:
This is a stellar uke! I actually almost bought this directly from Kevin before he sent it off to Shawn at Ukulele Friend. It sounds exceptional both in standard and Bb tuning! GLWS!

This is a stellar uke! I actually almost bought this directly from Kevin before he sent it off to Shawn at Ukulele Friend. It sounds exceptional both in standard and Bb tuning! GLWS!
Thanks. And yes, it is exceptional sounding.

Just lowered the price for UUers to $1950, including shipping within the continental US. Also now listed on Reverb.

Top Bottom