Mayo or Mustard? Stupid poll...

What do you put on the open slice of bread of a deli sandwich?

• Mayonnaise (any and all types)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Mustard

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Both

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • something else

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

menehunenyc

Reaction score
Hey guys, just made myself a deli sandwich and spread my mayo on the open piece of bread, like I ALWAYS do, because thats the CORRECT way to do it, and I began wondering how others do it, I mean spreading the condiments. What do you put on the open slice of bread, Mayo Or mustard or something else.?

Last edited:
I put Mayo but don't think that you can count Miracle Whip in that category... :p

Mustard all the way. Mayo is gross. Do you know what it's MADE of? Ewww.

I do have to mention however on a ham sandwitch sometimes... I like to spread butter and mustard on it instead of mayo. If you haven't tried it before you should.

I like mustard in my grilled cheese sangwiches. mmmm.

Depends on the sandwich. For an Italian club it's got to be garlic & herb mayo. Ham & swiss calls for dijon mustard & garlic mayo. Turkey & bacon needs a spicy southwestern mayo. And the classic pastrami on rye goes best with deli mustard. Yum!

Yer, i'm a Mustard man,, can't go wrong with a bit of the ol' mustard on ya tucker, or i must say,, i'm really lik'n sweat chilli sauce at the moment, mmmm

I know it's weird but I have a phobia of mayo.

I can't have it on the table when I'm eating and my brother (share an apartment with) keeps a jar of mayo in the cupboard under the stairs because it's cold in there and if he put it in the fridge I wouldn't be able to eat anything else in the fridge.

Someone put a little sachet of mayo in my pocket once without me noticing and when I found it there I had a mild panic attack and had to sit down for a while.

I know what you're thinking - and you're right - it is VERY weird.

Top Bottom