Medical MJ where do you stand

The problem with it is you have no idea what you are buying.
Using the excuse of "addiction" to pot is a lazy cop out. I guess some of us need something to blame for our shortcomings.

Does it really matter is the addiction is psychological? Just because it is, does that make it less distressing for the people who feel trapped by their behaviour?.

I was given morphine once when I broke my leg. How come I am not an opoid addict? The world is full of broken people who are all really ill. They are willing to do terrible things to themselves and others for the exact same thing.

I'm not looking for a fight, I am genuinely curious.

Last edited:
One of the big issues, I think, in the illegal supply and consumption of drugs is that there is doubtful or non-existent quality control on what’s sold to the end customer. From what I read in the press some people do end up unknowingly consuming contaminated and particularly unsafe products.

Having seen the damage that Tobacco and Alcohol can cause one should be wary of legalised drug use, but IIRC when Alcohol sales have been driven underground the result is organised crime and some people consuming products which really are hazardous to health. As in my earlier post IMHO it’s better to legalise drugs, as much as is possible, and then regulate the industry. I’d rather people didn’t consume dangerous substances (which besides ‘drugs’ includes Tobacco and to some extent Alcohol) but if they’re going to do it anyway then give then a safer way to do so and manage the process.

Last edited:
If it relieves suffering, I'm all for it.

I've seen way too many patients in pain, not being helped by synthetic opioids. They needed higher and higher doses, and the effects wore off quickly. The patients i had on MJ did not suffer like that.

I can't even understand how after all the examples that are out there in the world, people can doubt its efficiency... I can't wrap my mind around it.

What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.

What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.

I think you might find some interesting studies if you search here...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=cannabis

It needs to be legalized at the federal level, like yesterday!

If it helps people with pain I'm all for it. It has far fewer side effects than the wretched opioids doctors shell out.

My husband suffers from depression and ED. He tried to edit: link removed and it works for him, but it doesn't solve the problem in general. I should say, medical marijuana helps him calm down, improve his mood, relieve stress. I'm glad that today people have the possibility to take MJ legally and by prescription.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do question this. Tobacco is a plant, and is pure poison when dipped, chewed, smoked. It has killed millions of people, and crippled many. It should be illegal!
Like so many things it is addictive. Uncle Sam is addicted to the tax revenue on it as are many states. Not going to be made illegal. I really think it is a personal responsibility thing with tobacco. Why would anyone start today with all the information about it out there? Lung cancer took dad when was 81 even though he had quit for 20+ years. Of course, when he started it was "manly" and the hazards were not known. He quit about 12 times before succeeding.

As a retired hospice nurse, I'm all for it. I've had dozens of patients who could have benefited from it, instead of using many doses of morphine and other opiods, and ativan, an anti anxiety med.
I can tell you it's very safe, non habit forming, and there are no withdrawal symptoms if use is stopped. I did have a few patients that used it with their own suppliers, and they were helped greatly.
And, when I was a pot user, I enjoyed the high thoroughly. Never a hangover! Never a bad trip. No constipation. And it was cheap.
The Big Pharma jerks are trying to stop CBD, get it banned.
As I recall from my youth, overeating was a serious side effect. Even rather mediocre pizza tasted incredible. I won’t even go into the ice cream adventures! Those were the days.

Anyone heard of the Great Reset?
By 2030 you will own nothing and be happy?
Ever wonder how they are going to manage the "Happy" part? The "you will own nothing" part is easy.

There is absolutely talk of population wide druging without your knowledge or consent.

So after that diatribe, people choosing their own "happy" drug of choice is a serious crime, yet if the Lords and Masters force it on us all without consent, then Meh.
So what?

Last edited:
I smoked pot for a little while, (maybe 45 years) and didn't find it at all addictive.
Last 15 years maybe a few times a year. Last 4 years, not at all. Now that I'm dealing with back pain and arthritis, I wouldn't mind an occasional "toke". Maybe it's time to get a prescription...🤪

Our elderly dog uses CBD oil as a preventative for, and a recovery of, his Grand Mal seizures.

Now I'm seeing signs for Delta 8.

Has anyone tried this, and what were your results?

Top Bottom