Medical MJ where do you stand

chris667

The problem with it is you have no idea what you are buying.
Using the excuse of "addiction" to pot is a lazy cop out. I guess some of us need something to blame for our shortcomings.

Does it really matter is the addiction is psychological? Just because it is, does that make it less distressing for the people who feel trapped by their behaviour?.

I was given morphine once when I broke my leg. How come I am not an opoid addict? The world is full of broken people who are all really ill. They are willing to do terrible things to themselves and others for the exact same thing.

I'm not looking for a fight, I am genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Graham Greenbag

One of the big issues, I think, in the illegal supply and consumption of drugs is that there is doubtful or non-existent quality control on what’s sold to the end customer. From what I read in the press some people do end up unknowingly consuming contaminated and particularly unsafe products.

Having seen the damage that Tobacco and Alcohol can cause one should be wary of legalised drug use, but IIRC when Alcohol sales have been driven underground the result is organised crime and some people consuming products which really are hazardous to health. As in my earlier post IMHO it’s better to legalise drugs, as much as is possible, and then regulate the industry. I’d rather people didn’t consume dangerous substances (which besides ‘drugs’ includes Tobacco and to some extent Alcohol) but if they’re going to do it anyway then give then a safer way to do so and manage the process.

Last edited:

Nickie

If it relieves suffering, I'm all for it.

I've seen way too many patients in pain, not being helped by synthetic opioids. They needed higher and higher doses, and the effects wore off quickly. The patients i had on MJ did not suffer like that.

merlin666

I can't even understand how after all the examples that are out there in the world, people can doubt its efficiency... I can't wrap my mind around it.

What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.

steve-o-reno

UU VIP
UU VIP
What do you mean with efficiency? The examples are all anecdotal of people who think they had a positive effect and wanted to tell their stories. What is missing are stories from people who had detrimental or no effects, and neutral systematic assessments that include groups of people who used the stuff and others who smoked a placebo without CBD.

I think you might find some interesting studies if you search here...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=cannabis

charre

I really think that mj is powerful as a medicine for certain people, and I like seeing it become legal in more and more places, it is amazing. I have not used it tbh, I prefer some regular medicine like that from Canadian pharmacy, for example, and I think it works and helps me pretty well too. I am pretty sure that you will be able to find something for you there, good luck with it, guys :)

Last edited:

captain-janeway

If it helps people with pain I'm all for it. It has far fewer side effects than the wretched opioids doctors shell out.

Hanna2233

My husband suffers from depression and ED. He tried to edit: link removed and it works for him, but it doesn't solve the problem in general. I should say, medical marijuana helps him calm down, improve his mood, relieve stress. I'm glad that today people have the possibility to take MJ legally and by prescription.

Last edited by a moderator: