Microphone is janky, help

Voran

Reaction score
It throws up tons of distortion to the point of disrupting zoom meetings and I cannot figure how to lower the mike volume, any ideas?

We need more information. What's the brand? What is the interface to the computer? What OS is the computer? You're trying to use it over Zoom and the other participants are saying your voice is distorted? Distorted how?

We need more information. What's the brand? What is the interface to the computer? What OS is the computer? You're trying to use it over Zoom and the other participants are saying your voice is distorted? Distorted how?
Loud annoying crackles. OS is Windows 10, brand is Lenovo, interface is a headphone jack...

What model Lenovo?

If you are not using the computer's internal mic, an external mic should plug into the mic jack, not the headphone's.

If there is no mic jack (my Surface 3 does not have one) you would need to use a USB mic.

Or, are you using a mic+headset that only has one cable?

Last edited:
If you are not using the computer's internal mic, an external mic should plug into the mic jack, not the headphone's.

If there is no mic jack (my Surface 3 does not have one) you would need to use a USB mic.
Okay I think I found the problem...I just ASSumed the mic was a separate thing from the general volume but it's not.

Tomorrow I'll do a test zoom meeting and see if simply turning down the volume at the bottom right of the screen helps.

I ASSume you've tried all this:
Yes, but mine looks a bit different to that menu shown on that page

Think this may just be my fault for being a dumbass, I'll zoom call someone and see if lowering general volume helps

Top Bottom