Montpelier (jazz instrumental)

ukejon

An original tune inspired by the great city in Vermont and by my friend there, Kevin Crossett:

Camsuke

Superb work there Jon, beautifully written and played.

smellofstrings

Brilliant! I'm very interested in getting a Ko'olau CE too! Is it a CE-2? Isn't it got only two knobs? One for vol, one for bass and one for treble? Nice uke! :iwant:

ukejon

Mine is a CE2 made around 2008. Volume and tone knobs. Those Ko'olau's are killer instruments. They have a beautiful acoustic sound from the chambered body, so playing them unplugged is a joy. Plus, the necks and fretboards are gorgeous....like playing a Stratocaster.

H

Hippie Dribble

wow Jon, this is amazing stuff. very inspiring, superb, lush, smooth. so good, thanks for the post mate, wonderful. Bravo!

ukulelecowboy

Lovely work, Jon. Really very nice. The CE really delivers. I just started playing a CE-1 Baritone and I am really enjoying it.

Looking forward to more .

Mike

ukulelecowboy

I have Southoast Linears loaded which, in this case, is GCEA. I think the low G works very well with this instrument and captures its tonal characteristics very well. This is a great instrument, unplugged or plugged. I love it.

By the way, I believe that you have a CE-3 which Ko'olau only made in limited production. The three speed knobs (volume, bass, treble) is the telltale sign. The CE-2 has volume and tone, and the CE-1 has volume only. Also the CE-1 has a rosewood bridge/fretboard/headplate configuration while the CE-2 and CE-3 have Ebony. The tone woods for the CE-2 and 3 models are also a higher grade.

John Kitakis at Ko'olau would be able to confirm all of this.

Mike