Moore Bettah being auctioned..gotta see this!

Any guesses on how much this one goes for? There is still lots of time left on the auction so who knows where this one lands. It is spectacular. I especially love the head stock and rosette.

Hell, I'd have a hard time deciding whether to play it or put it on a motorized base, inside a glass case, and just watch it slowly turn all day long. Not sure ukulele art will ever get any better than this.

Does the auction benefit anyone or an organization? I can't tell from the description.

Haha...I hope it benefits Chuck and whoever he decides to help out...:shaka:

Hell, I'd have a hard time deciding whether to play it or put it on a motorized base, inside a glass case, and just watch it slowly turn all day long. Not sure ukulele art will ever get any better than this.

I agree. I researched a lot of Chuck's work when we did our book, and hands down, this is my all-time favorite he has ever done.

I agree. I researched a lot of Chuck's work when we did our book, and hands down, this is my all-time favorite he has ever done.

It's gorgeous. But I love yours. The way the headstock design bleed into the neck on yours is so wonderful.

(I still have a personal favourite. :-D )

This is not a "simple" uke, it's a piece of art. As such comparing prices with production ukes is like comparing a bucket of interior paint with an artist painting :) Both go on the wall, same function if you have an utilitarian point of view... but the latter becomes priceless if it speaks to your soul.

As for Chuck's work, it's a combination of high-level craftsmanship, fantastic music instruments and unique art mixing inlaying and scrimshawing. Everything handcrafted by one man from A to Z in his remote workshop! I think it's pretty unique in the uke world.

I wonder how many ukes one could buy for $13,330 -- only in America . . . :eek:ld:

If you mean only in America can a remarkable artist and craftsman like Chuck Moore be suitably compensated for the exceptional work he does... I would agree.

A cynic is a person who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
---Oscar Wilde

An equivalent guitar would cost way more than $13k. (And why is that? Guitars are bigger, yes, but not so many more pieces that the labor would cost more.) I don't have the money to spend on a Moore Bettah, but clearly others do. I don't begrudge them. I have some nice ukes that cost a lot to some people. Especially those who think it's just a toy.

It's gorgeous. But I love yours. The way the headstock design bleed into the neck on yours is so wonderful.

(I still have a personal favourite. :-D )

Ha, yes, I love mine it is my most cherished possession, for sentimental as well as artistic and musical reasons. But the inlay on this one is divine, whoever gets it has something special indeed. I rather like yours, too! :)

If you mean only in America can a remarkable artist and craftsman like Chuck Moore be suitably compensated for the exceptional work he does... I would agree.

---Oscar Wilde

That wasn't what I meant. And I thought "The Picture of Dorian Gray" was kinda silly, but I enjoyed it. :eek:ld:

Last edited:

---Oscar Wilde

And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything and doesn’t know the market price of any single thing.
---Oscar Wilde

Full quote. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom