No longer available Moore Bettah tenor - offers please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoyWoy

Reaction score
UPDATE: Moore Bettah tenor for sale

**UPDATED** PRICE DROP
Hi,
I'm now selling this beautiful and superbly built Moore Bettah tenor uke. It is a joy to play, a delight to hold and see, and a real pleasure to hear - another of Chuck Moore's masterworks.
The price is US$5,500. Includes hard case and humidifier. Buyer to pay postage costs, seller to pay freight insurance.
This offer is made for one week only and expires on 29 March, after which it will be withdrawn from sale if unsold and remain in my collection.

** UPDATE Current photos here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e2dual9dz9d8b6h/AABrwPom7BE_U7yKfT4KlsC_a?dl=0

I know folks need to understand motivations for selling so, to be clear, I don't *need* to sell, but I've just bought another high-end uke from Eric Devine and can't really justify owning two (well, at least not to my wife!).

I know provenance is important too, so here's all I know of its background. This one was made circa 2011. If you've seen Brad Bordessa's MB, this is almost a twin sister.
It has a gentle Venetian cutaway and an unusual three-panel side-port on the upper port.
I acquired it from Shawn Yacavone at Ukulele Friend in 2015 and have absolutely loved it - it has such warmth and brightness and a sustain to die for. It has a low action and just wants to make beautiful music.
It is in excellent unflawed condition and has had no accidents, repairs or alterations. It does not have a pickup nor strap button - it's as Chuck Moore made it. It is presently strung as he recommends with Thomastik-Enfeld 0.27 and 0.30 on the 3rd and 4th strings, and Savarez on the 1st and 2nd.
Thanks to Shawn archiving thoroughness, the original listing is here:

http://ukulelefriend.com/ukes/moore-bettah-ukulele-21/

and the sound sample played by Imua Garza is here:

https://vimeo.com/ukulelefriend/moorebettahukulele

I can't improve on Shawn's original description as follows:
"Beautiful custom Moore Bettah tenor ukulele handcrafted by master luthier Chuck Moore of the Big Island, HI. Chuck handcrafts some of not only the most aesthetically pleasing ukuleles available on the market but also professional recording level instruments for both the professional musician and recreational player.
"This wonderful and extremely rare Moore Bettah tenor ukulele was crafted from the finest materials and went virtually unplayed - gorgeous Hawaiian Koa wood back and sides with a spruce top. "Macassar ebony wood fretboard and bridge with a bloodwood top and back binding, bound fingerboard, and bound headstock. Subtle b-w-b accent lines on the soundboard, fingerboard, headstock, and back of the instrument.
"The neck is hand-carved from Honduran mahogany wood and is carbon fiber reinforced for added stability. Gorgeous abalone 'paua' shell inlay on the rosette, and mother-of-pearl inlay on the headstock for a classic appeal with a musicians grade high gloss finish.
"Slotted headstock model with an elegant venetian cutaway.
"The instrument boasts an upper bout porting system with a side sound port for a 'monitor-like' effect and a cutaway for easy of play in higher positions on the neck.
"A world-class instrument with a rich and complex tonal range, excellent sustain, clarity, and projection. The instrument is very well balanced tonally all the way up the neck and spot on intonation as well. Highly recommended player piece. And this is as good as it gets for recording artists, weekend giggers, and the uke-lover at heart!"

Of course, it is no longer in *mint* condition but it has been very well cared for, humidified, and has only tiny signs of normal wear that need to be searched for in strong light. As it ages, its sound is really opening up - as with all instruments of this high calibre.

Last edited:
I forgot to say that the instrument's individual maker's number is #1137. It comes with an O'ahu hard case and humidifier.

Rules: 8) Marketplace - Buying and Selling:
If you wish to sell anything in the Marketplace, providing the following in your post is a good idea:

A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, not a stock photo of the model;
The reason you are selling the instrument;
Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc.).

To increase the chances of selling your ukulele, you may also provide the following:

A video and/or audio sample of the ukulele being being sold;
A time-stamped picture with "Ukulele Underground" and your username written on a piece of paper in front of the ukulele.

Last edited:
Please read the instructions for listing an item.

Not sure what's missing in the OP. Posting "suggestions" are all met except for current photos. And he/she isn't violating any fixed rules. I think he's just searching to see if there are any interested buyers. Is that wrong?

UkuleleFriend.com shows this as sold.

The seller is showing the original listing from UkuleleFriend. He purchased it from them in 2015 and is now putting it up for sale.

PRICE UPDATE: thanks to those who have shown interest and provided helpful guidance concerning market price. When you need it, UU membership certainly has its benefits.
I am now offering this special Moore Bettah ukulele for sale at US$6,000.
I believe that this a fair market price and a solid investment.
These terms apply:
The buyer to pay postage costs (from Australia) and I will pay freight insurance.
The package weight is 3kg.
If it does not sell within one week of today I will withdraw it from sale and keep it.
Thanks folks!

Beautiful instrument. I like the minimal bling. Sounds fantastic.

Unfortunately, the timing is bad for me. Best of luck with the sale.

I hope someone here will acquire it and play it often and well. As it was designed to be.

Price drop

UPDATE: Price drop. I'm dropping the asking price to US$5,500.
Just a reminder that I will otherwise withdraw this Moore Bettah from sale in three days time.

Update: Withdrawn from sale

UPDATE: Price drop. I'm dropping the asking price to US$5,500.
Just a reminder that I will otherwise withdraw this Moore Bettah from sale in three days time.

UPDATE: as previously advised, this item is now withdrawn from sale and remains in my collection. Thank you to those who showed interest, provided guidance and encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom