Movies where uke is the featured in multiple scenes

clear

Reaction score
Is there a movie where the uke is prominently featured in multiple scenes? E.g. important character is playing the uke in more than 1 scene (not some background player).

Elvis was featured playing a uke in a few scenes of "Blue Hawaii", though I assume someone else actually recorded the music. BTW, it looked like a Martin soprano.

I haven't seen it, but from the previews and star I assume there was significant unironic ukage in Stargirl

The Mighty Uke, of course!

Not sure if this counts, but Jake Shimabukuro has written and performed ukulele soundtracks for 3 movies: "Hula Girls", "Saidoweizu", and "Go For Broke: An Origin Story". He doesn't perform on screen, though.

It was for only one song, Steve Martin sang ''Tonight You Belong to Me'" in 'The Jerk' to Bernadette Peters, but it was Lyle Rich who did the playing.

Here's the scene, and also a recreation of the scene by our own Aldrine and his wife.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

You can embed the YouTube video here by using the film strip icon above the reply box.

UU icons.png

Arthur Godfrey on his baritone in “The Glass Bottom Boat” with Doris Day:

Last edited:
Google George Formby movies, mainly banjolele, but some wooden figure eights.

Vintage

You can buy a collection of Formby movies from Amazon, but they're in PAL format. That's fine if you have a Region-Free DVD player. He certainly does a lot of playing in his movies.

Thank you for the movie titles; I'm going to watch some.

Some Like it Hot; Blue Hawaii, but I don't know how playing Elvis does.

I have added these to my watchlist, thank you :) It is really cool that I recently got a Firestick and installed some awesome Kodi addons I found on https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-kodi-addons.html and it allows me to watch any movie I want. It is not easy to find such movies on Netflix or Amazon, but with Firestick it is much easier, I have to say...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some Like it Hot; Blue Hawaii, but I don't know how playing Elvis does.

If you're asking who played the ukulele in Blue Hawaii, it was probably Bernie Kaai Lewis, possibly assisted by Freddie Tavares (who was more of a steel guitar player, and helped design the Fender Stratocaster). Scotty Moore attests the two Hawaiian natives and seasoned session musicians did the majority of the instrumental recordings for that film.

v6fl5ks9e9.jpg

In the movie Bazodee the ukulele is played by the main character. The ukulele also seems to represent the main character's underdog status in the movie.

Last edited:
In the movie Bazodee the ukulele is played by the main character. The ukulele also seems to represent the main character's underdog status in the movie.

This looks like it could be fun. I like his uke. Oh, found it on Prime Video

Mixed Nuts.

Adam Sandler plays a lot of uke in this funny Christmas movie with Steve Martin. It's a remake of a French movie "le P

Top Bottom