Moving to Olympia soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Chap

Reaction score
I have a new job! And I'll be moving to Olympia, WA for it.

Now, I'm a NW boy, but the uke bug hit me just recently while I was here in Chicago, so I'm asking for suggestions along the lines of teachers, stores, clubs, etc.

Tell me what ya know!

Hope you can make it to Monday Ukulele Ohana in Lakewood, WA--Maybe 25 minutes away. Unfortunately, Olympia Ukulele Players Asso. (OLUPA) just disbanded, but if I hear anything new I'll let you know. Your longneck can visit it's birthplace!
p.s I never skip flossing.;)

Last edited:
Raisin' it up, waxin' it down , in a little white box I can sell uptown.

I have a new job! And I'll be moving to Olympia, WA for it.
I'm asking for suggestions along the lines of teachers, stores, clubs, etc.
Tell me what ya know!
My friends Kate Power and Steve Einhorn live in Olympia, they produced the Ukalaliens book and CD for Hal Leonard and have done a Homespun Tapes series on uke. Nice folks. Tell them I sent you!

WELCOME to Olympia! There IS a 'ukulele group here!! "Olupa" is no more, but rising from its ashes is Oly-A UP:

Olympia Aloha Ukulele Players (Oly-A UP)
Meets every Wednesday from 6 pm - 9 pm in the STARS room of the Olympia Community Center (222 Columbia Street Northwest, Olympia, WA) free, BYOU (Bring You Own Uke), for more information, check our website: Oly-A UP (http://www.hezzie.com/olyaup/) or like us on Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/OlyAUP)

Olympia Aloha Ukulele Players (Oly-A UP) is an open group of ukulele enthusiasts in Olympia, Washington, USA.

We meet every Wednesday from 6 pm - 9 pm in the STARS room of the Olympia Community Center, where we share our love for ukulele music, especially Hawaiian songs. Ukulele players of all levels are welcome to join us. Free, BYOU (bring your own ukulele).

for more information, contact Carole Apple: cinder5fella@yahoo.com or just show up at the Olympia Community Center!

(Our first public performance will be on Friday, April 27 at the Olympia Center Senior Lobby for Arts Walk, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)

HOPE to see you soon! OlyRuby

We'll miss ya Dave. Congrats on the new job. Thanks for hosting a couple of CHUG gatherings during the winters. All the best.

On Sundays, starting April 1, there will be Uke Meshugge, a ukulele song circle at Kitzel's Deli, in downtown Olympia (next to Batdorf's on Capitol Way), 2 pm - 4 pm. We will be using "The Daily Uke" along with photocopies of other songs, HOPE you can join us!

Top Bottom